The Art of Asking (Connor x fem!reader)

Warnings: None, fluff and the reader is nervous

Word count: 546

***

You fiddled with your fingers as clock ticked forward. You wanted to ask Connor to move in with you, but you weren't sure if Connor would also think it's a good idea. He came over often and you were nearly glowing from happiness when he did. He showered you in kisses and murmured sweet things in your ear. You often fell in sleep on him, he carried you to bed every time, but... he left after that. Because he didn't live here. He lived in Hanks' house. Hank had suggested to you, that you would ask Connor to move in with you, but you were so afraid of asking. What if he would refuse? What if it wouldn't work? Hank was so proud of his android son for getting a girlfriend and you knew Connor adored you, so why would he refuse? Why were you so scared that he would refuse?The sound of your doorbell startled you and after a moment of thinking, you got up and opened the door.

"H-hi", you said with hoarse voice and Connor pecked you on the lips.

"Hello, Y/N. You look very beautiful today", Connor said, and you smiled. Even after all this time, he kept his polite talk style with you. It reminded you of that time when you started to fall for him.

"Um... thank you, honey. I-I have something to ask you." you said, immediately regretting it. Connor looked at you, furrowing his brows.

"What is it?" he asked, and you opened your mouth, closed it and opened it again.

"Um... will you... will... will you... mind if we could go to a restaurant sometime? I mean... you're an android and you can't eat but I think it would... be perfect to go there. Yeah."
Connor looked at you, he looked like he knew you meant to ask something else. "Yes. I have made a reservation to your favorite restaurant. Reservation time is after 39 mins and 53 seconds."

"Um... now? O-okay. Yeah, I'm starting to get hungry."

** TIME SKIP **

You ate your favorite burrito and tried to gather the courage to ask Connor about him moving into your house. He did his coin tricks opposite you and after you had eaten, he took your hand.

"I'm so happy I'm with you", he said, clasping your hand between his both hands. You smiled.

"I'm happy you are my boyfriend too", you said, and you felt yourself to relax. And then you asked. "Do you want to move in with me?"
Connor looked at you, furrowing his brows and tilting his head to side, as if he was thinking if you were serious. "I would be glad to." he then said.

"I'm sorry, that was such a stupid thing to sugge... what did you say?" your eyes widened, and Connor leaned over the table to kiss you.

"Hank will be thrilled. He has been shooing me for weeks, because I walk around his house and keep Sumo awake too, as a result Hank has sleeping issues which cause him to be grumpy at daytime."

"Well he's grumpy all the time, tired or not", you laughed. "But I'm happy that you said yes."

"I am happy that you asked", he said as he kissed you again.