Silly Human (Rupert x reader)

13: "Don't leave me..."

A/N: OOC! Because he has so little screen time and therefore I can't build a full picture of him. I feel like he hates humans from the bottom of his metallic heart but the reader is a human in this, because I wanted to try to write how Rupert would treat a human s/o. (Plus because he's still a babe <3) Also, this is a bit longer than my other fics :DD I'm not THAT fond of him (AHEM, I just bought a Rupert-mousepad and it arrived to me yesterday + I have a cap that is quite same-looking as his cap :33).

Warnings: Not angst, but somewhere near it. I tried to make this a lot more angsty first (that the reader dies on Rupert's arms) but I couldn't do it because it ended up being quite short + it was kinda shitty :D

Word count: 990

You sighed and pressed your face to your hands. What had you done? You had fought with Rupert? And for such a stupid thing, why you couldn't just let it be? No wonder all your former dating partners had broken up with you, you were the worst kind of a nagger when you were stressed. Rupert was the most caring android in the world when you really got to know him and got him to trust you, you were so happy to be with him. Sure, he was a bit antisocial and didn't trust humans just like that, but you had earned his trust through hard work. You sat in the middle of the living room of your apartment, to which you had moved when Rupert agreed to leave that old place that was about to fall apart. You had some pigeons and other animals all over the place, but you didn't mind, you loved animals too. One of your pigeons came to you and hopped to your hand.

"Hello, Abe. Daddy is mad at Mommy. Let's hope Daddy comes home soon, so Mommy can say sorry to Daddy." you muttered to the pigeon with a reddish patch on its head and you ran your fingers to the pigeons head gently, it nuzzled your fingers at the contact.

At that moment, you heard keys turning in a lock, making you flinch and Abe took off. You quickly scrambled to your feet and heard Rupert come in. It was quiet a moment and then he walked to the living room, where you still stood. He stared at you for a moment, turned around and went to your shared bedroom. You stood there, trying to think what to say to him. You wanted to apologize, to say you were stupid to start fighting about that. You were just so tired and stressed and apparently, it just exploded on Rupert. He was clearly upset about it. You had never exploded on him like that before. Of course, you had little arguments every now and then, which were dealt with as fast as they were started, but all the couples had those. But now you had exploded on him like... with the power of thousand suns. You could see he was scared.

What if you had brought back memories from that moment he became a deviant? It had been really traumatizing to him, seeing the other android getting shoved against the spinning grain cutter and watching it get ripped apart. Android had called for help with a voice that was full of horror, and then he kept yelling that he doesn't want to die. And then shouts stopped and there was blue blood everywhere. Their owner just worried about "cleaning the mess" and cursed for stupid androids for not doing their jobs. Rupert had ran away, met you, hated you, but against all the odds, you eventually fell in love. That's what he had told you just a month back and in result, you had cried together and you had cuddled him for several hours, trying to comfort him. And you understood him and why he really hated when you yelled at him. You took in a deep breath and went to your bedroom.

There he was, sitting on the bed. He didn't react when he heard you coming in and you just sat beside him, trying to not look at him from your feet.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry if I shocked you. I... I don't know what came over me." you failed to keep your voice steady, as it started to shake towards the end. Rupert was quiet for a moment.

"I always have thought you humans are all the same. Greedy, selfish, evil." he said and snorted mockingly. Your eyes widened. Was he leaving you? Suddenly you felt like it was the only option that was possible, and you felt tears coming to your eyes and start to roll down your cheeks.

"Don't leave me... please don't leave me, I love you too much, I'll never yell at you again, I..." you started to sob, and you felt Rupert's eyes dart to you.

"What? No, no, I'm not leaving you." he reassured and grabbed your shoulder. "I was saying that I thought all the humans were the same. Thought. But then I met you." he said, and you knew him to smile a bit from his voice tone, you couldn't see anything through your tears.

"But... but I was yelling at you, you were scared and... and..." you tried to catch your breath and felt Rupert's arms wrapping around you, his chin atop of your head and his hand stroking the back of your hair.

"Yeah. I was scared. But after I left our apartment, I went to the rooftops, because I needed to think. And after a moment I remembered that you had mentioned to me that your boss has been rough at you for a few weeks. And even when the situation was on, I knew you were stressed and still chose to leave. I wanted to say this to you the moment I saw you standing in the living room, but I couldn't. I'm such a coward." he laughed dryly. You dried your eyes to your sweater sleeves and then clutched his jacket and pulled him close to you, burying your face to his shirt. He stroked your back slowly up and down, as he felt you tremble a little and you stayed like that for a few minutes.

Then you pulled away from the hug and instead gave Rupert a kiss. "I love you, always know that." you muttered as you smiled a little. Rupert took his cap off and pressed his forehead against yours.

"I love you too", he said and kissed you. "My silly human." he muttered against your lips. You smiled, he truly was special. You loved him so much and he loved you. And you felt like together, you could go through everything.