Chapter 39

I stared at Remi. "Where's Seraphina now?"

"School roof."

I ran towards the school as fast as I could. I burst through the doors, and ran towards the stairs, and went up to the roof.

I burst through the doors and seen Seraphina tied up, sitting on the ground with Claire staring at her.

Claire quickly whipped around and glared at me. "Look who came to the rescue." She sneered. "Trying to play hero again?"

"Claire, you have no right to do this. I told you, if you mess with me or my friends again-"

"Yeah yeah, blah blah."

"Don't mock me."

"What are you going to do?."

"You all are the same." I hope Seraphina doesn't think I mean her or everyone else that I'm friends with. "You're all just just worthless garbage."

"So you're still the same monster I seen back then, and I'm even seeing a little of John in you. Has he influenced you?"

"Shut up!" I ran up to her and slapped her. "Just. Shut. Up!" I grabbed her shirt and just started slapping more.

She coughed blood and looked at me. "You never changed. You're still the monster you were than, and always will be."

I threw her on the ground. She looked up as she wiped the blood from her mouth. I turned towards Seraphina and untied her. "Let's go."

I started walking and realized she was still standing there.

"What's wrong."

"Did you really mean that everyone is worthless?"

I looked at her. "Of course not, I would never say that about my friends."

She didn't seem to believe me, and stormed away.

"Good job monster. You chased your own friends away."

"Shut it." I then sighed.

Here we go, I ruined another thing...

I started walking away, heading off the roof and heading out of the school. I walked towards my dorm, and stopped.

"Maybe I shouldn't go in right now.." I mumbled to myself.

"Why?" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around and seen John standing there.

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you."

"It's fine."

"What's wrong?"

"I fucked up.. again.."

"How?"

I sighed, then explained what happened to him.

"Wow."

"I didn't mean it towards her, or you, or Amber, Blyke, Isen, or Remi."

"I understand." He looked at me, then dipped his head.

I don't think you do...

I started walking away in the direction away from school campus.

"Hey, where you going?" John called out.

"Does it matter? I mean," I sighed. "Forget it." I continued walking, hoping John would run up to me and stop me, but he didn't.

Should have known I was going to fuck something else up, but not this badly.. I sighed heavily and looked at the ground. All I am is just a fuck up, and I've thought about ending it a few times. One attempt I honestly didn't feel in control, and I didn't want it to happen, but things have changed. I've attempted a few times and I knew what I was doing. But I've had people trying to stop me.. this time is different I guess.

I couldn't stop thinking. I've wandered in one direction for what seemed like an hour. I decided to check my phone and seen I had several texts.

"How could you do this!" -Seraphina

"Do you realize what you've done?" -Amber

"I'm sorry.." -John

"What did you do? Seraphina called me to come over and to not expect you." -Remi

"John told me, why would you say that?" -Blyke

":/" -Isen

I was so mad I threw my phone. It hit a tree and shattered.

"I'm not rewinding this time." I started crying. "I fucked up, and I'm taking responsibility." I dropped down to my knees. "I'm not going back." I fell and moved into a fetal position. "Not this time... I've been back stabbed, I've ruined friendships, I've gotten myself into so much trouble." I couldn't hold back the tears. "People say they envy me and say I'm such a perfect child, but I'm not, I never was."

I clenched my eyes shut and laid on the ground crying. I don't know how much time passed, but I ended up falling asleep.

I woke up in the dark and started to panic because I was sleeping outside on the ground, only to realize why I was out here. I sighed and looked around.

"Man, it feels peaceful out here..." I muttered to myself. "If only I knew what true peace was. I stress out so much just by remembering old memories, or recent ones." I shivered.

I sat up and leaned on a tree. I looked over and seen my shattered phone. "Too late even if I wanted to fix it by rewinding."

"Is someone there?" I heard a voice. I looked over and seen someone unfamiliar with a flashlight.

I quickly froze and went invisible.

"Hello?" The guy got closer. He looked around and it seemed like he thought he saw someone.

He looked right in my direction. "What's this?"

I then started panicking. Like, I was literally freaking out so bad I was surprised I wasn't spazzing out.

He leaned over and reached out, only to be reaching for my shattered phone.

"Who would leave their shattered phone here?" He looked at it.

I watched and seen him activate his ability. I could sense it, but I had never seen this kind of ability before.

"Whoever threw this was here recently, or still is..."

Shit, with his ability, he might know where I am.

I closed my eyes and very much hoped he wouldn't.

He then dropped the pieces on me, and I almost groaned loudly. But that wasn't going to be the reason he knew I was there, the reason? The pieces of the phone looked like they were floating in the air. Shit.

"Ah, hah!" He then put his palm out and managed to somehow make me visible again. "Young lady, what are you doing out here late at night? Do you realize how dangerous it is?"

"I don't care." I angrily looked away.

"Not even if I called my buddy over here and have him make you perish?"

"Nope." I crossed my arms.

"What's wrong then?"

"It's none of your business."

"Was it that bad that you chose to throw it and not rewind time to fix it?"

"How-?"

"Clairvoyance ability. When I picked up your phone, I was able to see the owner's information."