-22-

*Not edited (sorry)*

"I fúcking knew it!" Owen shouted causing us both to flinch. I sunk into my seat nervously.

"It's been weakening you and your wolf." He explained then tilted his head to the side. "Are you from an Alpha bloodline?" Owen turned his head to face me, silently questioning the same thing.

I sighed in annoyance and shook my head. "No, why does everyone keep asking me that?" He and Owen shared a look before he spoke up. "I don't know if you know this but it's uncommon for an alpha to be mated to anyone ranked lower than a Gamma. You have this powerful aura about you, not as strong as Owen or Brinn's but it's there. And from what Owen's told me he only sensed it when you were off your medicine."

My leg was bouncing up and down and my palms began to feel sweaty. They both studied my actions intently, waiting on a reply.

"Look I don't know what you two think you know, but my mother is an Omega and my father is a warrior." Owen locked eyes on Josh then crossed his arms over his chest. "Her father's not an Alpha, I would've sensed it."

Josh shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe he's weakening his wolf like he does hers." I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Hey! We don't know my Papa is the one behind this." They both shot me a sideways look that had my casting my gaze down to my lap.

"Who picks up your medicine?" Owen asked.

"Papa."

"It's him." They both said in unison as their eyes met.

I brought my knees to my chest, trying to zone out the conversation they were having, but it was no use.

"There's also the possibility that one of her grandparents came from an alpha bloodline and mated with a common wolf. Strong pups, but not as strong as two Alpha bloodlines." Josh suggested.

Owen ran his hand through his hair as his thoughts ran wild. "Could be, are you sure your mother isn't an alpha Parmus?" He asked, placing his hand over mine. "I...I don't even know anymore."

Sensing my discomfort, he spoke up. "Is there anything else?"

Josh opened one of his drawers and pulled out a new medicine bottle, then handed it to me. "Just like your old medicine...except without all the silver." He said with a chuckle. Owen glared at him, not finding it funny.

"Also I'd like to meet with you next week, to go over your tests." I nodded then grabbed the medicine bottle. Without a second glance, I stood and walked out of the room.

My hands began to shake as I wrapped my arms around my chest. I was ashamed and couldn't bring myself to face anyone right now.

Papa had to have a good reason for his doings. I just know he did. He wouldn't intentionally harm his own daughter.

Right?

I quickly wiped my tears away, not wanting to get worked up. "You are a happy person Parmus." I muttered repeatedly to myself.

Strong hands turned me around to come face to face with Owen. I glanced up, quickly regretting it as Owen's green eyes bored down to my glassy ones. "Oh Parmus." He said before he pulled me to his chest. I stood there unmoving, my thoughts elsewhere.

***

Owen left to meet with his father, but not before making me take the medicine Josh gave me. I laid in bed for a few hours. I tried to sleep but it became increasingly hard as my thoughts shifted towards my father. I was too afraid to ask him. Afraid of the truth.