This Feeling I Have

Within a few days, Coral recovered from the fever with Kai's help and she was back at the coffee shop.
   Her shift would be until closing time so she sent off Kai to hang out with Bruno and Alex instead of being cooped up at the apartment all day.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Wednesday, 12:30 p.m
Bruno and Alex had just picked up Kai from the apartment about a few seconds ago and were parked in the driveway.

"So what do you guys wanna grab for lunch?" Alex asks.
" I don't know, I'll eat whatever you guys want." Kai shrugs.
Bruno just shrugged as well and they spent another 10 minutes in the driveway trying to think of a place to eat.

" Sushi?" Alex suggests
" No." Bruno replies
" The Crust Bucket?"
" Nah."
" Then what the hell do you want to eat Bruno?" Alex finally gives up on listing where they could eat.

An idea pops into Kai's head and he perks up from the back seat of the car,
" How about that new dumpling place that's by the arcade?"

" Oh yeah!" Bruno and Alex both say.
" Let's go there and after that, we can go to the arcade." Alex says as he starts to pull out of the driveway.

After dealing with traffic on the freeway they arrived at the dumpling place, Hǎi Dumplings & Dim-sum.

They parked in the parking lot and entered the restaurant.
" Hi welcome, how many people will be dining?" The female Inkling at the front desk asks.
Alex makes three fingers and the female Inkling nods and gestures to follow her.

They are seated by a golden statue of a sea dragon mounted on the wall.
Kai curiously looked around his surroundings and taking in the beautiful architecture of the restaurant.
It was very different from what he usually sees:
the ceiling was very detailed with red and golden colors, pillars on each side of the restaurant as they were lined with detail as well.

" I think I'm going to get crab steam dumplings, do you want to share babe." Alex says as he nudges Bruno.

" Sure, what are you getting Kai?" Bruno replies and then turns his head towards Kai.

Kai flips through the pages of the menu a couple of times and then he seems to settle on what he wants.
" I think I will just get shrimp har gow."

Har gow ( shrimp dumplings )

The waitress comes back with water and takes their order. All three of them just browse their phones as they wait for their food.

" Hey Kai." Bruno suddenly speaks up.
" Erm yeah, what is it Bruno?" Kai replies but still scrolling through his phone.

" Do you like Coral?" Bruno asks with a grin,
" I mean more than just a friend," he adds.

"W-what n-no! She's my friend!!" Kai immediately says with a flustered face and now looking up from his phone.

" Man, stop denying it . I see the way the both of you look at each other!" Bruno says with his arms crossed.

" Woah? Really?? Coral in love? I thought that would never happen!" Alex laughs.