Chapter 23

Hissing and grabbing your shoulder, you sit up, once again blinded by the bright white void. 

"Fuck..." You mutter, wincing. 

"It seems like I won't have to wait to get to the next step." Madara quietly seethes, eyes narrow. 

He walks over to you, steps light with a heavy, boiling anger. You look up at him, pain etched into your face. Holding out a hand, Madara grabs yours tightly. He pulls you up, but you were still dizzy. 

When you stumbled as you took your first step, Madara decided that it would be faster if he just carried you.

 He remembers the halls, the various rooms running along each corridor. He remembers his room and the fire that always seemed to be burning in it's hearth, and there it was. 

His section of the Uchiha Compound.

You groan on his back, spurring Madara into movement once again. He reflexively headed straight to his room, not needing a map even with how long it had been.

You might've come up with a serene area, but his was familiar, warm. 

He slides open the door to his room, seeing the hearth emitting it's normal flames. With a calming sigh, he sets you down in front of the fire, head in his lap.
"You are incredibly stupid." He flatly states, fingers combing through your hair. 

"Yeah, I know." 

You answer, heartrate slowing as the pain finally fades, at least enough for you to coherently speak.

"Then why did you get caught?"

"Because I was being extra stupid."

"You got that horrid curse mark because you were being extra stupid?"

You nod, shivering as Madara's hand traces the area of the mark lightly, soon cupping over it. 

"If you're getting hurt because of your own idiocy, then I have no choice." 

You look at his face, seeing his eyes firm and his face serious.

"Be aware, this is going to hurt." 

"What do-" 

You get cut off as the fiery pain reignites, making you grit your teeth as your back arches and you try to move away. Madara's grasp on you is unwavering, and you begin to sweat, the pain wrapping itself around your throat and restricting your ability to speak again.

After another agonizing few minutes, Madara's hand finally disconnects from your neck. You release the breath that you had been holding, gasping raggedly and weakly shoving Madara away. You sprawl out on the wooden floor, unable to move any further. 

Madara watches, a victorious feeling filling him as he sees you turn your head, looking at the fire. The previous mark on your neck was replaced with the pattern of his Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, deepening his connection. 

"Wh-what the fuck did you..." You stutter, achingly looking back at him.

"I've advanced our connection, is all." 

"Wh...what?"

"I've given myself the ability to contact you more than just when you are asleep."

"Why?"

"I need to protect you. I couldn't before; I was far too slow. But now..." 

He pauses, his voice echoing around you while his lips only move to smirk.

"I can."

You look around, bewildered, before focusing back on him. "What? You can... speak into my mind?"