I Can't Sleep

Warnings: Cursing!

———

You had recently came back from a mission seriously injured. You had been shot in the shoulder, lower arm, and back.

You were bleeding out of three wounds, all hurting. Steve dragged you hurriedly into the quinjet.

"Hawkeye, Y/N has been seriously injured!" He yelled and pressed onto the comm. Clint stopped firing arrows after he finished of the Hydra Agents.

"Ok be there in a bit." He called back and ran towards the quinjet. Natasha close behind as she fired one last gun shot, which hit two different men.

"Is she ok?!" Clint asked as he saw the large amounts of blood puddling beneath you. Clint quickly called Bruce into the quinjet.

Bruce finally ran into the room that you were in. The ship door shut and Steve drove to the Tower.

"She's going to need stitches above her shoulder and on her forearm. The bullet on her back will be easy to remove." Bruce examined.

"We have to wait till we get back." He said and Natasha stayed by your side.

———

Tony was waiting for you at the quinjet entrance area. He saw the ship land and a wide smile was on his face.

(OOf, that smile about to go away)

He waited for you to come out of the jet. He saw Clint and Bruce hurriedly walk into the infirmary.

This worried him. They were probably setting up for someone to go. His heart beat quicken when they called Dr. Cho.

"Maybe it's Nat, she just needs a few stitches." He said trying to reassure himself.

His smile faltered when he saw Natasha walked out. She glanced at Tony with pity. Tony shook his head denying everything. Then he saw Steve walk out.

In his arms, laid your bloody form. Tony's eyes widen and he felt himself go stiff. He ran towards Steve.

"What happened?" He asked angrily and Steve ran into the infirmary. Steve placed you down and Dr. Cho told everyone to leave as she operated on you.

Tony was pacing the halls, his fellow members felt bad for him. The members didn't know how he was keeping it together so well.

Truth was, Tony was dying in the inside. His other half is in there right now. He refused to believe you would die. He knew you were strong, you could make it.

He fiddled with his fingers and leaned against the wall.

———

Several hours later, Dr. Cho walked out, blood on her gloves. She took a deep breath and gave everyone a smile. Tony felt his heart leap out of his chest in happiness.

"She'll be fine. She might need to stay overnight, although." She said and Tony nodded.

It was 8:00 PM and everyone was exhausted. They had stayed by your side through the surgery.

Tony and the others quickly left to their rooms. Once Tony stepped through the door and closed it behind him, he plopped onto the bed.

He stripped off his clothing, leaving him in boxers. He sat on his side and reached out, hoping to find your warmth. Instead, he was met with the cold mattress.

His eyes shot open and he glanced at the empty space beside him. Tony tried to stay calm, he could make it through the night without you.