Chapter 19 - Divine Succesion

"What is it? What do you mean?" I ask Fiora. I don't understand. Does she have some kind of secret like she was trained as a beast tamer? But then why is she so profecient with her daggers when fighting others?

"You see, remember how my titles were hidden?" She says.

"Yeah." Of course I remember, I wanted to ask her about it but forgot.

"Well... here." She lifts her hand up towards me.

"Show identity." When she said this, her identity was shown on the back of her hand, but this time it showed her titles.

————————————————————————

Name: Fiora Lupus

Race: Beastkin (Black Wolf)

Age: 32

Occupation: Darkblade

Adventurer: Rank AA

Achievements: Rank Up A—>AA

Monsters Killed In Current Quest: 0

Strength: 442

Speed: 739

Magic: Dark (231), Air (247)

Contracted Beasts: Name: Fexa (Race: Giant Great Wolf, Rank AA)

Abilities: Light Step, Swift Strikes, Cloak, Featherless Weight, Strengthening, Stalking, Presence Detection, Magic Detection (minor), Dark Light, Assassination

Unique Abilities: Night Wolf, Moonlight Strengthening, Death's Blessing, Night Vision

Titles: Friend of Death, Wolf Queen
————————————————————————

What? A wolf queen? Is that why she tamed that wolf so easily?

"You see Des, I'm a wolf queen... It's a title that allows me to tame any wolf or wolf related creature. It also is respected by other Wolf beastkin as it means that you have a possibility of being the successor to the wolf goddess.... I always thought that becoming the wolf goddess would be the worst possibility ever, I thought that I would be alone for the rest of my life. When I learned that to become the wolf goddess requires having many wolf contracted beasts, I decided to avoid having contracted beasts and feared it. Then I learned about you being the god of death and thought that maybe I shouldn't avoid becoming the next goddess. I don't want you to end up alone in an immortal life." She says while looking down. She seemed sad, yet relieved.

So she's a wolf queen... and might become the wolf goddess...

That, is actually awesome. So she can tame every wolf and might become immortal like me! I can understand why she didn't want to be alone though. I was made immortal against my will, and if I refused then I would be immortal, but suffereing instead.

"Haha, so let me steal one of your lines." I said smiling. "Youre... like me?" I honestly couldn't hold back a smile. So even after a millennia, there's still gonna be someone I know. This made me so happy. I know she's not a goddess yet, but if she does become one then I will always know someone. I won't be alone.

"Not yet, I'm still mortal you know. And if those assassins get me I'll die. And also that's another reason they want me dead, they're afraid that I'll become a goddess or make an army and kill them all." She said while lightly smiling. This is just amazing. Well, for now I guess I'll stay along with her. Something tells me things are about to get interesting.

This is also good news for me... those soft, fluffy ears will stay for a long time.

After we stopped talking about being immortal, we made our way to the village to tell Aqui that we dealt with his request.

After earning our payment we started heading back to the guild hall.

"Hey Des, I have an idea." As I was getting our horses ready to travel Fiora came up to me to suggest something.

"What is it?" I ask wondering what happened.

"Let's ride Fexa back. She can probably move faster than horses, and riding Tiny would cause too large of a problem for anyone we find." She suggests. Fexa must be her new contracted beast. I suddenly remember that Fexa was large enough for it.

"Alright, let me just get our stuff ready." I say.

Afterwards we ended up selling our horses for the same amount of money we paid and now had one gold coin again.

We have 15 gold, 9 silver, and 5 copper.

When we reached the lady at the reception, she seemed surprised that we were already back.

"Did the quest not go well?" She asked us. Ha! as if we would fail that quest, although I didn't do anything.

"No it went extremely well, Fiora tamed the great wolf." I said while bringing her forward.

"What?!" The lady was surprised at what she heard which attracted attention again.

"I can't really believe you until you've shown me your adventurers mark. I'm sorry but taming a great wolf is an extremely rare case." She said with an awkward smile. I can't wait to see her reaction when she sees the great wolf. Last time she didn't pay attention to Tiny so this is my revenge.

When Fiora showed her that she tamed Fexa, and ranked up, the lady almost fainted. Other adventurers were staring in envy, and I was just about ready to kill some others as well.

"Hey lady receptionist registering person lady, can you come straight to us when there's any request to do with wolves?" I ask, the sooner Fiora becomes immortal, the sooner we have an army, and the sooner we can start messing around with some assassins. Their reactions are gonna be so funny when they try killing us, I can't wait!

"Y-yes! T-t-that's fine I'll notify you! Please d-don't kill me!" She started freaking out all of a sudden? What's wrong with her?

"Hey Des, control your wicked thoughts, your aura's scaring everyone." Fiora told me.

When I look around I notice everyone has scared expressions on them. Ha! Serves some of them right. And the ones that don't deserve it, well... I don't really care about them. But I'll stop just in case.

"Sorry about that, I was just thinking of what I'll do to some of the people here that are looking at you." I say calmly but loud enough for everyone to hear. I immediately saw all of the people who had lustful looks on them turn away and stop looking at us. Yeah! I thought about how to mess with assassins, while at the same time threatening everyone who I didn't like. Two birds one stone!

Fiora was now looking down again. Did I do something wrong? Well. I can't see her face because of the cloak. Now I want to pet her again and feel the fluffy ears but the cloak is STILL ON! Damn you cloak! Getting in the way while always being in contact with those soft ears all the time.