Chapter 3: Leather

"Okay, this is boring. Tell me about your date with Daniel again." I said crossing my legs, putting my elbow on my knee and resting my chin on my hand.

Sarah rolled her eyes and looked back at the game.

"I already told you, it was pwerfecft." He said, his mouth full of popcorn. He swallowed and continued. "You want me to tell you again to see if you find some kind of flaw, don't you?"

"There has to be something." I said lifting my head from my hand and tapping my thigh. "Nobody is that perfect."

"Well, maybe he isn't. But he is for me." He gave me his best grin.

"Whipped." I chuckled.

He hit me on my arm and looked back at the game. I looked back too, as I rubbed my arm with my hand.

Two players were running after the ball, until one of them managed to reach it. He made a move, to avoid one of the opponents. I learned from Sarah that the move is called dodge. Don't blame me, I know nothing about sports.

When the ball hit the net, passing between the goalie's hands, it's when I realized who the shooter was. Everyone stood up and started cheering and shouting.

For the first time since I had arrived, I appeared to be interested in what was happening down there. Sarah seemed to notice and looked at me wiggling her eyebrows with amusement.

All his teammates started running towards him and threw their selves on top of him.

When he stoop up, I felt like I could see his golden eyes from up there.

But Ace remained serious. Focused.

He began running again and kept on playing with determination, for the last twenty minutes of the game.

We won.

We. I know, I was feeling the colours.

"Girls, I'm leaving." Informed Nathan standing up.

"But I didn't bring my car! I thought you were giving me a ride." I complained.

"I can't sweetheart, you know I sleep at my grandma's on Wednesdays."

I pouted my lips.

"Hey! What's wrong with going in my car? We live together, I think the obvious thing is if I drive you."

"The obvious, but not the safest." I mumbled.

She shot me a death glare and walked down the stairs.

We made our way towards the parking lot. Or that's what I thought.

"Where are we going?" I asked Sarah.

"Oh, I'm going to see Nick for a moment before we leave. You don't mind, right?" She said walking towards the changing rooms.

"You are doing it anyway." I sighed.

She giggled. "It won't be more than 5 minutes, I promise." She said walking through the door.

I waited outside, leaning on the wall next to the door.

After a while I decided to sit down.

Five minutes, sure.

I started humming a song and played with my shoe laces.

"Already missing me?"

My heart almost jumped out of my chest. I brought my hand to it and turned back to the voice.

"God, you scared me." I let out a breath leaning my head back on the wall and closing my eyes.

Ace was standing next to the door watching me with amused eyes. His usual messy hair wet. He took off his backpack from his shoulder and sat down next to me.