Assortment of Silverware

Part Nine

"J-Jimin?" Jungkook asked nervously as he ran into the boy in the halls at the end of eight period

"J-Jimin?" Jungkook asked nervously as he ran into the boy in the halls at the end of eight period. The student gave him a wide stare before flashing a welcoming smile, adorably nodding his head as he bit his lips with an equal amount of nerves.

Jimin couldn't explain it but ever since their shared moment earlier today, Jungkook could somehow send these tingles down his spine with a single glance. It was like nothing he'd ever felt before which was both super scary, but also kinda exciting(?) I mean yes, Hoseok provided these feelings of acceptance and warmth, but never this profound energy. And Jungkook didn't even have to speak to radiant it. Jimin hugged his books tighter to his chest to hide the fact that he was blushing, not wanting to scare his new friend away.

"H-hey." Jimin choked out, barely being able to lift his eyes to meet Jungkook's eager own. "Um-" Jimin bit his lip again nervously, trying to keep his voice steady, Play it cool. "what's ... um what's up?" Nailed it.

"I was wondering if you wanted to visit one of the cafes on campus with me?"

"Oh?" Jimin squeaked out, cheeks blazing.

"I mean we don't have to if you don't want to!" Jungkook quickly countered, suddenly aware that it sounded like he was asking the boy out when really he just wanted to get to know him. Needed to get to know him. Jimin was more intoxicating than any of Jungkook's former addictions. The simple essence of him was driving Jungkook insane and he hated it - hated losing control so easily when it came to the older - but at the same time couldn't seem to stay away.

"N-no," Jimin quickly said, which made Jungkook's face fall and Jimin then shook his head waving his hands causing his books to fall on the floor, "I don't mean no, I mean no, I want to. Like no [space] yes. As in - I mean I'd love to go with you for coffee, Jungkook.

Jimin shyly smiled, picking up his books as an excuse to hide his face once again, which made it easier on Jungkook as the shorter didn't have to see the stupid grin plastered on his face.

>>><<<>>><<<