Knocked Up (B+A) (X)

(A/N: There's going to be a little bit more information about our MC's past.)

Tomorrow would be the day that Fu Xinyi would be debuting in the company, but this time things were different. There was no Tan Kang to smother her with adoration and kiss her ass, no Xie Ying to take her workload and leave her empty handed with lots of time on her hand.

Xie Ying had just finished painting and set down his brush. It was night time already and the full moon was high above in the sky. He finished putting the last touching detail on the painting. He pulled back and looked at his painting. There was a full moon in the starry night sky, faint wisps of clouds in the sky, soft hazed mountains in the back, a sea of flowers and grass beneath the looming moon, and in the middle was the back of a young man.

On the top right corner of the painting were soft white colored characters:

『 The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.』 

It wasn't the first time that he's thought of his 'children' that he left behind in the previous worlds. This was his first time painting their son from the were-cat world, Aryeh. His name meant 'lion' in hebrew. He was a bright and cheery kids but when Xie Ying neared his time, Aryeh became more withdrawn from him. In the end, he couldn't give his son a proper goodbye and left him a note and a sentimental item.

---

Xie Ying was distracted, his mind wandering. Yesterday night was the first time that he's dreamed of his world*. It was one of the earliest memories that he had. Xie Ying had only been about five or six years old then. The sun was high in the sky that day and the birds were all singing their love songs. He and his mother were holding hands as she led him towards a large mansion.

(A/N: Here the reference is to 'Ains' his soul, and not 'Xie Ying' the current vessel.)

Ever since he could remember, it had always been him and his mother. There was no 'him', not until that day. Although his relationship with his mother wasn't the best and could said to be twisted and messed up, she was all that he had ever known. His mother had barely let him outside, and when she did it was only to plead 'him'.

Xie Ying could remember her genuine smile that day, he hadn't seen her smile like that in a very long time. Through the lucid moments after her rage and hysteria, he would see a glimpse of the mother he had once known but not once had she smiled at him like that. She had only smiled like that when she received a something from 'him', it was always him that could brighten her day. Because he was young then he didn't understand how sick their relationship was with each other.

They walked up to the house and there they saw a handsome man waiting at the doors for them. Xie Ying saw his mother's face bloom as if she had received the sunlight that it had longed for. Without any hesitation, she left him with that man and left. She didn't even say a word to him. She didn't even notice his existence, her eyes had been solely on that man.

He called out, "Mommy?"

But she didn't turn around, not even one glance behind to him. He remembered he tried to go after his mother, but the man wouldn't let go of his hand. After his mother was long gone, the man bent down and cupped his face. He had the same arctic eyes that his mother had adored him for. Four pristine eyes stared at each other in silence.

The man was the first one to break the silence, his voice was calming, "What's your name?"

Xie Ying had no idea what the man was talking about. A name? He honestly answered him, "I don't have one."

The man looked shock for a moment, but regained his composure, "Then you'll be called, 'Ains'."

Little did his past self know that that was only the beginning of his hellish days.