Deviant

“How dare you say that to me!”  Margaret shouted. “How will you face your Father when you meet him in the afterlife!”  

“Do not mention my Father in front of me.”  Seoras said curtly. “He is not someone a person like you can easily mention.  With how much you sinned against him, it should be you who will have to face him in the afterlife.  Not me. Besides, my Father would understand if I sent you to him earlier then that Gods planned. Then that way you can pay for all the things you’ve done wrong to him.”  

“How can you say such cruel words to your own mother?!?”  Margaret pouted. “How can you protect HER and not me?!”

Emmy laugh started slow and quietly before she held her stomach and laughed loudly and unabashedly, embarrassing Margaret immediately.

“How old are you that you are still thinking like a young child!”  Emmy said between her laughter. “You have been spoiled for too long and your selfishness knows no bounds.  You’re so into your own delusion that I don’t know if I should feel sorry towards you or I should just put you out of your misery.”  

Emmy turned to Seoras and patted him on the shoulders.  

“You have suffered a lot because of her.”  Emmy said comforting him.

“Don’t pity me!”  Margaret shouted. “Don’t you dare pity me!”

Margaret straightened her body and lifted her head up high.  Her nose pointed into the air before she sneered at Emmy and Seoras.  

“You will NEVER marry Seroras!  I’ll make it my life’s mission to make sure this does not happen!” Margaret said as she quickly turned around and left the room in a huff.   

“Your Mother is a piece of work.”  Emmy said as she hook her head.

“You feel sorry for me?”  Seoras asked as his lips curled upwards into a smile.  

“Of course!” Emmy told him.  

“Then you should make me feel better.”  Seoras told her as he scooped her into his arms and carried her towards his room.  ‘I know A LOT of different ways how you can make me feel better!”

Emmy laughed at his shamelessness and hooked her arms around his shoulders.  

“I suppose.”  Emmy said between her laughter.  “I’ll guess it would be considered a favor I’m doing for you.”  

“A favor?”  Seoras asked as he raised his right eyebrow.  “Shouldn’t it be more of an honor?”

“Ha!”  Emmy said as she smiled at him.  “Now I know where you get your delusional ways from!”  

Seoras smile beamed at Emmy as he kicked his door open and kicked it closed.  He brought her to his bed and laid her in the center of it and pressed his body over her.  

“By the time I’m done with you.”  Seoras said as he open her robe and caressed her tan skin from her shoulder, down her arm and hips, he ran his finger back up her body, slow and teasingly.  “I’ll make sure you will be unable to understand what is a delusion and what is reality.”

---

By the next day, Emmy woke up late and to an empty bed.  The sun had risen up to the middle of the day and the windows were left open to let the breeze in.  Seoras had thoroughly let her know last night was a reality. Every inch of her body was sore, but she felt happy.  She felt safe. She felt loved.

Slowly she rolled out of bed and got ready for her day.  After an hour of soaking in a hot bath tub and having the maids help her get dressed and groomed.  She walked down stairs to join everyone else for lunch.

When she entered the dining hall, the moment she entered, the loud chatter and laughter stopped.  Everyone turned her way and stared at her. The warmth she once felt from them had turned cold.  As if they were wary of her.  Some of them even dared to stare at her with undisguised disgust and hatred. 

Emmy’s eyes harden at the men’s change of attitude.  How could they change their opinion about her within two days.  What happened while she was away?

As Emmy walked towards her seat, they men slowly stood up, but she could see the change in their behavior.  They only stood up because it was protocol, not because they respected her or believe in her.

Emmy’s heart slightly broke at their treatment towards her.  All those months training beside them, talking them, laughing with them, enduring hardships with them was wiped completely clean within two days.  How did this happen?

As Emmy sat down next to Seoras, he held her hand tightly to comfort her.  He could order his men to respect her, however they wouldn’t be loyal to her. He believed that men who believe in rumors and lies are not worth Emmy’s time.  He knew that she would be the only one who could solve this problem. He could shield her from this, but she would only suffer in the end. She would not be able to become strong and would rely on him every time a rumor about her would come about.  He also knew his men would eventually come around to believe that the rumors about her were just rumors and Emmy is a far better person then they all deserve.

Emmy hid her hurt feelings.  A cold mask came over her as she looked up to every soldier who came to dine in the dining hall.  Her eyes met each man slowly, causing them to look a way. None of them were able to meet her gaze.  

A sneer came over her face as she became determined.  Fine! What ever rumor was running about, she would find out.  And once she does, she’ll make that rumor become true.  She'll give them a reason to be wary of her.  She'll become exactly who they think she is.  Then that way, none of them could say she was a liar if she protest, for she will become a deviant.

********
A/N:  Thank you guys for waiting patiently!  And thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and support!  It makes me feel motivated to keep on writing!  Thank you for being on this journey with me.  More chapters to come tonight!  -ptd