Chapter 4

The gathering went up in an uproar as the name of their son was revealed. Mirsab Furaat wasn't someone ordinary. He was eighteen and in the first year of the prestigious Zhaviar Residential University for the Naian youth. He was a no nonsense guy with a heart of gold. There wouldn't be any rebellion from his side (Tehlez was relieved!), but there was something about letting the most cherished child of the family marry into rivalry, that set their hearts ablaze with reluctance.

"QUIET!" Tehlez roared furiously and watched the commotion turn into a pindrop silence in a second. Everyone settled down on their seats and looked thoroughly chastised. "The wedding will be held after three months." He concluded and a collective sigh went up in the air. "Do not fail to bring forth your chosen daughter." He added to Ehlam who narrowed his eyes and smirked.

"We won't fail." He replied firmly and then stood up, before nodding at him and then exited the room with his entourage. Tehlez frowned at his carefree attitude in contrast with his initial gloom and then turned towards the grumpy family.

"We have heard that the Rasan girl is wild. She is fiery and totally opposite to that of our son." This came from the mother of the groom, Shehra Alzeer. There were grumps of agreement. Tehlez rolled his eyes. He never did like this daughter in law of his, but his son had given them an ultimatum that had shut him up. In hindsight though, he realised that it was wrong of him to try to change his son's mind, because if his father had ever stopped him from marrying the love of his life, he would have probably set fire to the whole world to get to her (like she wouldn't have done the same for him, he thought sarcastically). His wife was a fighter and everyday he had spent with her was anything but boring. She was the breath of fresh air in his montonous dry life. She didn't allow anyone to dictate her life.

Shehra Alzeer was a spoilt brat (who lacked too many brain cells, but he wouldn't add that aloud to anyone) who came from an arrogant family, which didn't have much basis for the said arrogance. She was neither too smart nor too kind. The only thing she had going for her were her amazing looks (the only thing Mirsab had borrowed from his mother, according to Tehlez). And that was the exact reason Tehlez wondered about his son's brain and it's ability to decide. Shehra wasn't popular amongst the Furaats, but they put up with her due to her son and husband, both of whom were the beloved sons of their family.

"They might just be rumors, Shay." His son, Shehra's husband, Zilran Furaat, pacified her. His son was a very nice man. How he fell in love with Shehra was still a mystery to him. Love surely was blind. He shook his head in sadness. His third son Zilran was a gem. He was sweet and soft spoken. He was logical and obedient (except where Shehra was concerned). He was good looking, smart and charming. He was every Naian women's dream. But he met Shehra in his final year at the University, where she had come for some reason which Tehlez didn't remember or cared for, and sparks flew and there was short circuit at the Furaat house, where everyone geared up for a war, which never came. Zilran dissolved the tension with his mother's support, even though she didn't exactly like Shehra either. They had gotten narried with great pomp and the only good thing that actually came out of that marriage were his grandkids.

"But it might be true too Zil! She is in school with our kids and they call her a tomboy. She is always with the guys. They say she is a brother to her brothers and has nothing feminine in her except her looks. She is wild and untamable. Our Mirsab deserves more!" Zilran's sister, Shehley, lamented. Tehlez wanted to bang his head at the display of dramatics by his children but it would look weird. Furaat men didn't appear weird under any circumstances (Rule number 10 in the mental book of rules of Furaat men). He snorted at the girl's description, which sounded too much like his late wife's. He mentally rubbed his hands in glee. The girl sounded interesting. He wanted to see how this marriage would turn out. If the girl was anything like Shehley described, then she would be immensely more likeable then Shehra. He sighed. He could use a bit of color and sparks and fun in his boring life. He would wait for his grandkids to bring it on. He was already on the unknown girl's side. He smiled.