B O N U S C H A P T E R ~ 1

Ashton's POV

I wake up to my fifth alarm and sigh with annoyance. I roll out of bed and go to my bathroom. After getting ready, I catch my parents before they leave for work.

"Hope your last first day of high school goes well." My mom says.

"It would be better if I liked this school," I mutter tiredly.

"Give it a chance. I know moving for your last year of high school can be difficult, but that gives you a chance to meet new people." She explains.

I roll my eyes and grab a granola bar for breakfast. "Ashton, how did that shipment go?" My dad asks while he's packing his lunch.

"Shitty. But we survived, so it's whatever." I say with a shrug.

"It'll get better. Just a small adjustment and then smooth sailing from here on out." He says.

"Sure. Bye, guys." I say, walking towards my motorcycle.

"We love you!" They shout as I turn on the engine.

I get to school and see Zane and Tristian have been texting me. I'm supposed to meet them near their parking spot, but I have no idea how the numbers are spread out.

I grab my backpack and walk around, but I can't find their cars. I walk back to my parking spot and see someone touching my motorcycle. No one should be touching your bike.

I walk up to her, and she quickly turns around when she hears me. She's pretty. She gets a pass. Now go socialize.

"Do you own one?" I ask, watching her sheepishly smile. That's the first question you ask?

She nods and says, "I have a Street 750."

I grin and say, "Nice! What year?"

"2018. But I'm saving up for the one you have." She answers. You should offer her a ride sometime. What? Get your head out of the gutter. She'd never be interested in you.

"You have great taste. My name's Ashton." I say.

"I'm Adalynn. What grade are you in?" She asks curiously. Actually, we should know how old she is. You're almost an adult and should not be interested in minors.

"I'm a senior, you?" I ask.

"Same. I don't think I've ever seen you, so it was nice meeting you." She says. You blew your chance. She's already sick of you.

"Ashton!" I hear someone yell near the entrance.

I ignore them and keep my focus on Adalynn. "I'm new. I moved here a few weeks ago." I say.

"Wow, moving your last year of high school? I'd be stressed having to start over. If you ever need help around the school or something, I'm here." She says as she walks away.

I smile and say, "Thanks, I'll keep you in mind." How? You never exchanged numbers or any social media. 

The bell rang before I could meet with Zane and Tristian, so I just headed to class. I glance at my schedule and can't seem to find the classroom. I continue walking down the halls and finally find the hallway.

I step into the classroom and accidentally push the door against the wall. "Sorry, I got lost..." I say sheepishly.

The teacher waves away my excuse and says, "It's fine. Just pick a free desk."