6: Reboot Complete

[System notification reboot complete.] A notification appeared in Sen Jia's consciousness. 

"Little Shuai, let's find an inn."

The tea house manager recommended an inn to them and they made their way over. Sen Jia paid for a weeks stay in a suite that included their own bath and two large beds. He paid in advance for meals also.

"Little Shuai, I'll be meditating for several days. Don't neglect yourself. You must eat properly while I'm busy."

"En." Sen Shuai agreed.

To an outsider, Sen Jia resembled a dedicated cultivator deep in meditation as he poured over the intricate system code line by line. He finally discovered the glitched portions and repaired them.

It was tedious but becoming a system technician was the most useful skill Sen Jia had mastered. It had allowed him to rise to System Administrator and once he gained that title he started having fun.

This skill allowed him to modify his system as he desired, freeing him from the boredom of system tasks and rules. It also resulted in occasional system crashes and glitches but it was well worth it.

He scrolled through some basic world information as he waited for System Seventh to fully initialize.

So, the world plot huh.

A war between righteous sect cultivators and demonic sect cultivators had been steadily escalating and eventually involved those outside the Jianghu. The village of this body's original owner was overrun and destroyed. He had been away and returned to the loss of all he had ever known. Determined to find out what happened, he set out on a journey. But died in a forest only having learned his village was accidentally destroyed by cultivators. He died desperately wanting answers.

Now I'm supposed to find out the details of what happened, who was there and how his family and neighbors died.

Sen Jia barely gave it a thought, immediately rejecting the original plot.

Nah seems bothersome. What can we change it too?

Sen Jia next reads over the descriptions of major characters in the world. He especially focuses on the information about Sen Shuai as the demonic sect "leader". Sen Shuai was meant to die in the forest with his sad story coming to light as the villager uncovered the truths behind what happened to his home.

My little Shuai really got the worst deal in this storyline. 

As he reads more of Sen Shuai's history, he likes his handsome guide more and more.

[Greetings Administrator.]  

{Welcome back Seventh. I've picked up an interesting product. He'll make a far better protagonist I think. My little Shuai is like a pure and virginal maiden.}

[....Administrator, this man killed hundreds, wiping out many minor sects entirely. His hands are stained with blood. Where do you see purity?]

{Read between the lines a little. This is why I am the administrator and you're only a system, dear Seventh. He's clearly a sheltered and misused young man. Kept away from fun and love and forced into misdeeds. He's not even the true leader, only a pitiable puppet. The plot goal should be saving him and getting revenge on the true leader of the sect.}

Sen Jia begins altering the world code to his preference. 

The other story is boring, more of a side note if anything. There wasn't even any romance in the original story. Just a lone man traveling around.

As System Seventh integrated the new plot, a series of tasks popped up for Sen Jia to evaluate.

Sen Jia scrolled through quickly. He rarely did many tasks, only the most crucial. Or ones he found entertaining.

nope

pass

no

no

not happening

boring

never

"Sigh..." These are so dull and boring.

Sen Jia got a good idea. Slowly opening his eyes to gaze at his companion. A calculating smile bloomed on his delicate face turning his eyes to crescents.

Little Shuai, I'll have some work for you.

{System Seventh, clone basic system data. Strip all administrative rights. Set it to beginner mode. Input data into a jade scroll.}

He started choosing tasks to give Sen Shuai. He chose simple things that wouldn't cause them trouble if little Shuai failed any.

Work hard little Shuai and I'll promote you.

Sen Jia stirred from his "meditation" after four days. 

"Little Shuai you've lost your cultivation but don't let it concern you. You'll be my disciple. Study this scroll, new insights will appear as you advance."

"En." Sen Shuai accepted the scroll and began glancing through it.

[Fraud is bad Administrator.]

{Shut it Seventh.}

[Forcing the protagonist to perform your tasks to save himself is ...]

{Genius! I know.}

[.....]

{Don't worry Seventh, I'll still do the major tasks.}

A/N 

Welcome system Seventh, you've finally arrived! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

[.....]

Don't be like that, this author never forgot you. ('ヘ`()

Thanks to everyone for reading, commenting and voting. I really appreciate it! Please forgive this timid author for not always responding.