7. Swirling Emotions

Make sure you play the above audio when you come to the latter half of the update. Replay it until you end the chapter. I'd recommend some 'alone' effects to feel the desired emotions 😉 And also leave a lottt of comments for the longg update that I've written! I'm eagerly waiting to know what's going on inside you all.

🗞🗞🗞🗞🗞

And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you."

[ Al Ghafir : 60 ]

🗞🗞🗞🗞🗞

When Ibrahim returned home after his fajr salaah and short Sunday morning khutbah, he was planning on silently creeping up to his room and going back to sleep without disturbing anyone else. Stifling a yawn, he was only just climbing up the stairs when he realised that someone was already up and working in the kitchen. His nose twitched at the smell that permeated in the air and he sleepily stared in the direction of the kitchen before deciding on investigating it.

Upon his entrance, Eshaal who was tidying the place looked up to smile and greet him. He wished her back, his eyes roving over the translucent boxes that were placed on the kitchen counter and the oven that was switched on and all the ingredients that were spread out.

"I thought Sunday was the day when us men cooked at home."

"Oh, it still is the tradition in the Moideen household", Eshaal rolled her eyes. "Don't worry, I didn't cook. I only baked and that too, not for you."

Ibrahim brought his fist to his head dramatically. "Did I let you live for this day? I should have killed you when I had the chance."

Enraged, Eshaal threw a knife sheath which he easily caught before it hit him. "Sheesh woman! Are you removing your frustration on me because your punching bag has gone outstation?"

This time Eshaal launched an empty bottle at him. "I knew it! I knew it that you would grow to become violent. Mama and papa should have listened to me and abandoned you years ago."

Eshaal cast him a boring look, returning to what she was doing before he entered.

After a few futile attempts at trying to provoke her even more, he laughed. "Okay fine! Who are these for? They smell divine!" He attempted to take a chocolate muffin from one of the boxes and Eshaal swatted his hands away.

"I'm visiting the kids who my friend teaches."

"Huh?"

"Don't you remember the friend I told you about, the one who teaches at this school for the orphans?"

Ibrahim still had a blank look on his face and Eshaal groaned scratching her forehead. "Where is your head whenever I speak to you?"

He grinned. "Um I'm physically present, mentally absent."

She punched him on the arm irritatedly. "Idiot!"

"Thank you your majesty."

"Dumbo. Urgh."

"Fine!" He sobered. "Tell me what you were saying earlier, I'm listening now." He conveniently sneaked a muffin when his sister wasn't looking and bit into it before she could take it back.

"You should listen more whenever I speak you know. If you had, you wouldn't have embarrased my friend like that the other day. You know she-"

He started choking on the muffin and his sister hurriedly produced a glass of water for him to drink from, hitting him on his back at the chance she had. "This is why they say you are supposed to listen to people younger than you. Had you not had what I made for the kids, you wouldn't be choking and had you listened to whatever I speak, you would know which friend I'm talking about."