Chapter 24

Finally separating from the group, you groan while your neck aches. Who knew replacing one fresh curse mark with another would hurt so much?

You rub it, a dissatisfied smile working its way onto your face as you walk through the cooling night, trying to get home and sleep. You were simply exhausted as you passed the familiar flower shop, its windows dark. The woods behind your home were just as dark, if not more, a small breeze working its way through the branches.

"Ugh, I can't wait to sleep..." You drawl, hand moving to drag down your face exhaustedly. 

"Are you that excited to see me?"

"Shut up, asshole. Just... just lemme sleep, please... I'm so fucking tired." As you finish, dramatic tears roll down your face, you pulling the keys to your front door from your pocket. After fumbling with them for a minute with blurry vision while Madara laughs at you, you finally manage to slip them in. 

You throw open the door, happily sighing. Stepping in, you close the door behind you, seeing the familiar orange mask. 

"What? Wait, is this what he meant back then...?"

"So are you just going to arrive before me from now on?" You deadpan, walking further in. "Well, I s'pose it doesn't matter. I'm really tired, can I sleep?"

Obito chuckles, crossing his arms and nodding. "I'm not sure why you need permission, but sure."

He's in a good mood.

"Wow, he sounds exactly like me." Madara mutters, impressed.

"Just wanted to make sure. Now that that's out of the way, scoot over, I'm sleeping for seventeen hours."

Obliging, he moves to closer to the arm as opposed to the dead center, where he was previously sitting. Swaying over, you crash onto the couch, head in his lap as you immediately pass out. 

Obito's hands, covered in new gloves, lightly trail over your shoulders, coming to a jarring halt as he sees the edge of a black mark. Immediately assuming Orochimaru, he glares as he shifts your body, his eye then snapping completely open as he sees the full symbol. 

When Madara brought him into the small Tsukuyomi, his eye was the same way. That was his Eternal Mangekyo patterning! 

Why would you have his EMS pattern on your shoulder?

Does this mean you know that he isn't the real Madara?

This isn't good. He was planning on showing himself to you publicly soon, hopefully erasing the need for these nightly meetings. 

Well, could he really refer to them as nightly anymore? 

You were disappearing constantly, but you did always come back. Sighing, he moves you back to your original position. 

He really hopes nothing bad comes with that mark.

You feel the ground beneath your back, keeping your eyes shut. "I'm not opening my eyes until I won't be blinded."

You wait until you can't see through your own eyelids, finally creaking them open and seeing an entirely unimpressed looking Madara, somewhat looming over you.

"Care to explain what happened back there?" 

He crosses his arms, black eyes focusing on your squinting face, watching as you blink rapidly in an attempt to force your eyes to adjust. 

"Well, he is a nightly guest of mine." You vaguely answer, pushing yourself up. After getting to your feet, you spawn in a random bench to sit down on. You cross your legs, throwing one of your arms over the back of the wooden bench.