Chapter 4.

"Here, honey" my mom said setting down a cup of tea next to my bed. She gave me a sympathetic smile and wiped her nose.

"Thank you" I said, having no intentions of drinking one drop from that cup of steaming tea. My stomach was in knots and my fingers were trembling. I sniffled before looking back up at my mother. "Do you think they'll find me?" I asked blinking away some few tears threatening to escape my eyes.

"I don't know sweetie" my mother said shaking her head. "If they do there is no way they will ever get to you without going through me" my mother said chuckling softly, attempting at a joke. I looked down at the steaming cup warming up my fingertips. The dark brown liquid beginning to become clouded. Before I realized it tears were formed in my eyes and a few rolled down my face.

"Mom, I'm scared" I sobbed setting the cup down on the side table and wiping my face. "What if they do come and take me or kill me or-" I began as a fresh batch of tears rolled down my face.

"Honey, I know it's scary but you know I would never let a soul lay a finger on you" she said bringing me into her arms. "Nobody will get to you, ever" she said pressing a kiss to my temple. We stayed like that for a couple minutes before she rubbed my arm and released my body. "Do me a favor, please do not leave this room" she said. "If your brothers ever found out I let you wonder around like this I would never hear the end of it"

"Okay, I wasn't going to leave in the first place. I'm too scared" I said letting out a shaky breath.

"Would you like me to leave so you can get some rest?" she asked standing up and smoothing out her plaid shirt.

"No, can you stay please. I'm really scared and nervous" I said looking up at her hopefully. She nodded and smiled softly.

"I'm going to grab my book. I'll be right back" she said turning around and walking through the doorway. I hated being left alone. It made me venture into thoughts I didn't want to be in. I heard foot steps followed my mother at the door. "I think that you should get some sleep. You're very nervous and you're working yourself up" she said walking over and getting the blanket from the bottom of the bed.

I moved my body to the top of the bed and grabbed the pillow as my mother tucked the blanket up to my chin. "Thanks" I said as she pressed a kiss to my forehead. "Wake me when Seth and Elliot are here tomorrow" I said with a nervous voice.

"Of course, goodnight, Arabella. I love you and I will always protect you" she said brushing the stray brown hairs off my forehead.

"I love you too" I said. I shut my eyes in attempt to sleep. I felt the weight being lifted off the bed as my mother got up. She turned the light off but flicked on the light above the pink chair in the corner of my room. As much as my body protested I was not able to fall fast asleep. My brain was too wrapped up in thoughts.

If Seth and Elliot knew that Savage were coming from me, why didn't they call earlier? If they just found out it was understandable, but the way they talked on the phone made it seem like they knew for a while. When they said Savage men, who did they mean? Was the leaders name Harlan? Is that who they were talking me to? What would they do to me once I got there? Were they even going to come tonight? What if they come tomorrow when Seth and Elliot are here? Was there plan to kill them? My head was a jumbled mess filled with important questions.