ARC 1.7 Regrets

MARTIN'S POV

I opened my eyes only to see an empty sight of the bed and found that my partner last night was missing.

I got up fast to looked for him but only to find out I'm alone in the room.
Where is he?

Angry,  I called the guards outside and ask where is my beloved and why is he gone. And they just answered me they didn't know, that they didn't see him coming out.

Oh my love, do you think you can escape me? I'll have you back in my arms again.

I took my phone and look at the time; 4:07 pm. I just sighed. Looking back again and I  saw that I have 16 messages and 31 missed calls from my lover Celeste. I don't have time for her right now. Maybe I'll call her back later.

I dialed John's number, calling him to ask about the information of my beloved.

"Sir,  I already have his information.  I'll be there in 10 minutes. "

"Hurry up! "

Minutes later,  John came in with a folder in his hands and I grabbed it when he came near.

Name: Julian Mendez
Age: 23 years old
Gender: Male Breeder
Parents: Orphaned

PROSPECT PARTNERS
1.Name: Martin Luther
Genetic Match Percentage : 99.9%
Meeting Date : 07-25-20xx
Official Result : Match Cancellation

OFFICIAL STATUS: Applied for another Marriage Match.

2.Name: Unknown
Genetic Match Percentage : 73.68%
Meeting Date : UNDECIDED
Official Result :

Damn! I'm in real deep sh*t. Now I  finally understand why I feel so attracted to him. His my mate, a perfect match for me but I abandoned him. F*ck!

"Sir, I investigate what he's been doing after the cancelled meeting. " he said with a regretful face.

"What is it? "

"Sir, for the past 2 months, even though he knew about you cancelling the meeting, he didn't accept the official cancellation order and was still hopefully waiting for you. The same restaurant... The same table at the same time...

I've asked our workers there and they've said that he at the least sit there for 4-5 hours everyday for 2 months. And once they asked him, he always answer them he was waiting for his mate. But never once they've seen him come. " he brokenheartedly spoke.

What?!

I.. No,  it can't be..  I didn't know.

I can imagine the scene of him waiting there 'till sunset. And I regret not meeting him and abandoning him knowing I've hurted his feelings.

I need to find him and apologize. And I promise to make it up to him. But..

"Sir, just this afternoon,  he accepted the cancellation order you've filed and applied for another Match Marriage and fortunately found another prospect mate. Though not perfectly match like yours, but the other party already accepted a tentative meeting for the discussion of their marriage."

My wishful thinking was crushed.

Did he found out that it was me that has once abandoned him? Is he mad at me? Can he forgive me? Or he didn't want me anymore.

"Did he know that it is me who abandoned him? Or me having a lover? "

"He should know by now Sir. That's why maybe he decided to let go, give up and find another. "

No! This can't be happening. Just last night we shared our deep attraction with each other and he already found someone to marry?! I'm not going to let him.

"Find him and do whatever it takes to bring him to me. No harm.

"Yes sir. "

I'm sorry my love, but you can't escape me. Even if you hate me, I won't let you go. You're mine and mine alone.