3

Jimin was in a state of panic yet again, yelling at himself in his mind as the hot water hit his skin.

What the FUCK was that Jimin? Are you trying to scare Jungkook away? You are so hopeless.

A knock on the bathroom door cut off Jimin's thoughts. "Yeah?" he called out.

"It's just me," Jungkook said. "Can I come in?"

This kind of situation for the two friends had never been awkward. If one of them was taking a shower, the other would sit just outside the door, or sometimes in the corner facing the wall, so they could talk to each other.

"Yeah, sure." Jimin replied.

Jungkook opened the door and billows of warm steam greeted him and soothed his cold skin. He walked over to the corner of the room and sat down, turning to face the window.

"Isn't Yoongi still here?" Jimin asked.

"Nah, he ate too much so he's throwing up in his bathroom."

"Oh, okay."

A silence followed the Jimin's reply, only it lacked the comfort it usually possessed.

"Jimin, I'm really sorry." Jungkook sighed.

Oh god no. I can't deal with this, he's gonna think I'm weak.

"It doesn't bother me at all that you're gay," Jungkook said, his breathing slightly shaky. "I just didn't know what to say when you told me. I'm sorry, I just froze up."

"Oh, so that's why 'really?' was the only thing your bitch ass brain could think of to say?" Jimin snapped. "Do you even know what was going through my head?"

He's going to hate me. He'll feel uncomfortable around me for the rest of our lives.

"I don't know, to be honest. But I want to tell you something."

The shower stopped running and Jimin stepped out after wrapping a towel around his waist. His dark ochre eyes pierced Jungkook's with an insecure, uncertain stare.

"I thought you hated me," his voice cracked slightly. "I thought..."

"Hey, I could never hate you, Chim." Jungkook wrapped him in a hug. It was a hug full of love, admiration and understanding — exactly what Jimin needed from him.

"I hope you know that no matter what you do, or who you want to be, I'm not going to stop talking to you or act any different around you." Jungkook said, and Jimin hugged him tighter, his head resting on the younger's shoulder.

Jungkook, up until the day before, hadn't seen Jimin as vulnerable as he was now for years. He was extremely happy that they could share their feelings with each other openly again, after spending so long without each other.

The embrace ended and Jungkook placed his hands on Jimin's shoulders.
"You're the closest person to me, Jimin. I'd never think of you any less than what I thought of you when you rescued my crying ass all those times," He smiled, memories flooding back into his mind. "Like when I climbed that tree and couldn't get down, or when you carried me home after I fell off my bike. You've treated me so well. Thank you."

Jimin held back tears, but just nodded and smiled before pulling Jungkook into his arms again.

After a moment he pulled away and looked the younger dead in the face, sadness gone without a trace and replaced with a dominant stare.

"Now, get out. I'm absolutely freezing, throw me my clothes, will you? In the top left drawer..."

"Yeah, I know," Jungkook walked into the bedroom and rummaged for some sweatpants, went out onto the small balcony off the living room to retrieve a clean hoodie from the clothes horse, and returned to chuck them through the bathroom door. "Here's literally all you ever wear."

Jimin poked his head into view and flashed a grin at him before hurling his towel at the younger's face.

"EW, JIMIN!"

He cackled wildly and Jungkook threw the towel on the ground in disgust, glaring at Jimin with a smirk on his face.

"Get dressed now or I'll throw you out the window." He teased.

"Go away Kookie." Jimin smiled.

Jimin went to pick up his pants and realised he was hard.
O-oh...

a few weeks later.

Jin's mind was elsewhere. Across from him was Hoseok, Namjoon and Taehyung, all eating and talking and laughing together. He barely noticed the noise of the restaurant as he thought about what the future holds for him.

He had it all in his career, so what next? Sure, he has a stable financial plan for the years to come, but what about a girlfriend? What about a family? Jin was twenty seven years old and still single after years of having his nose in the books, and a further eternity of constantly working. He barely got out because of work, and could hardly find time to sleep, let alone date.

Give it time, he told himself. Your lady will come soon. Although, if he was honest with himself, Jin didn't exactly know if that's what he wanted.

"Hyung?" Namjoon called out, pulling Jin out of his thoughts, "Bulgogi was just served, can't you smell it?"

"Jeez, he must've really been out of it." Hobi laughed, then proceeded to shove a tasty lump of rice and beef in his mouth.

Namjoon's phone buzzed and the group went quiet.

"It's Yoongi... he's with JK and Jimin and he's asking if we want to meet them at the gym."

"Y'all up for a workout?" Hobi giggled, but everyone else groaned.

"I mean, not really," Jin wiped his mouth with a napkin. "But it's probably a good idea after all that food."

"Hobi-hyung, it's your turn to pay." Tae turned to Hoseok, eyebrows raised expectantly.

"Uh, what?" Hoseok's brows furrowed. "I thought it was Joon's turn?"

Namjoon rolled his eyes. "Ugh, not this again."

"Guys, it's fine. I'll pay." Jin ended the argument and the others exchanged amused glances.

"WOAHHH!! JIN-HYUNG PAYS FOR EVERYTHING! WE LOVE YOU, HYUNG!!"
They all cooed loudly, receiving looks from other people in the restaurant.

"GUYS SHUT UP WE'RE IN PUBLIC—"

"WE LOVE YOU HYUNGGGGGG~" The boys continued to yell. Jin quickly paid and apologised before dragging his three younger friends out of the restaurant.

"What was that you crackheads?" Jin was trying to be angry but he could barely hide his amusement, and all the others smiled at him.

"Sorry, but it's nice to see you laughing. We know you've been stressed lately." Tae grinned.

"Yeah, it makes us happy to see you be a bit more chill, y'know?" Hobi patted Jin on the shoulder.

Jin's expression softened, but he quickly straightened up. "Come on, losers. Let's go to Hell."