CHAPTER 41

It's been a week since Tatia was brought back to the Plantation. Elijah immediately volunteered to teach Tatia the ropes. I'm hoping she doesn't turn out like Katherine or Elena. Rebekah was a bit hesitant with Tatia's arrival. They were never close when they were human, she doesn't know if she'd want to now. Kol didn't care. He'd talk to her once in a while but he's mostly out of the house. I think he even found a girl.

Right now, Klaus and I are cuddling on the couch. He was rubbing my belly, although I wasn't showing much (yet), I really love him doing so. Rebekah was playing with her phone, while Kol was up in Tatia's room with Elijah.

"What are they doing?" I asked, hearing a thump from upstairs.

"They're showing her how we dress in this century. I'm assuming she's having a hard time getting into her jeans," Rebekah answered, not bothering to look up.

"Shouldn't you be doing that?" I questioned.

"I volunteered, Kol kicked me out," Rebekah stated.

"Well, we all know Kol is a feminine at heart," Klaus said, chuckling.

"Knock knock," I heard a familiar voice greet. We turned to the door to see Demeter standing there carrying a basket with its contents covered with a blanket, "I brought gifts for you,"

"Hi, Mom," I greeted, standing up and giving her a kiss on the cheek. She placed the basket on the coffee table as she sat beside Rebekah, "How are you?"

"I should be asking you that," She said, "But, I've been busy. Aphrodite and Hera are giving me a headache. They have a lot of preparations done before the baby is born,"

"What's with all the fuss, anyway?" I asked, gripping Klaus' hand.

"Giving birth to an Olympian baby is...unique. Well, babies in your case,"

"Are you saying—"

"You're having twins,"

I wanted to cry happy tears. What are the odds? I mean, it kind of runs in the family but, twins! Klaus kissed me on the forehead, his eyes filled with happiness. Rebekah tore her attention from her phone and squealed at the news.

"But, there's a catch." Oh God. "Olympian babies are a special case. They don't come out...down there,"

"Pardon?" Klaus asked.

"You've read Greek mythology. We all had our crazy story on how we were birthed. Athena was born from cutting Zeus' head open, while Aphrodite was born through sea foam,"

"How do I give birth to mine?" I asked, scared.

"The babies will literally come out of your stomach on fire," Demeter informed us so casually.

"WHAT?" We all screamed. Hearing it already sounds so painful.

"Don't worry!" Demeter reassured, "Hera has already seen the process of your pregnancy. You'll be fine. The fire thing will feel like any normal birth!"

"How did you even give birth to me?" I asked, attempting to calm myself down.

"You came out of a pomegranate." We all stared at her, confused and our jaws wide open, "It's complicated. Don't ask,"

"The most important thing here is you'll be giving birth to two beautiful babies. The pain will all be worth it," Rebekah assured me. I raised my eyebrows, wondering how she knows all this, "I've been doing some reading,"

"What's in the basket?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Pomegranates," Demeter answered, pulling the blanket off, "They're essential for an Olympian birth,"

"Did you drink bucket loads of these?" Klaus asked, picking one up and examining it.

"I did. It's why the birth went smoothly," Demeter answered, proudly.

"Want me to make some pomegranate juice for you, sweetheart?" Klaus asked, facing me.

"Yes, please," I said, pulling out my puppy dog eyes. He chuckled, giving me a peck before standing up and made his way to the kitchen.

"He's been good to you, huh?" Demeter stated, smiling at me.

"He's going to be a great father-to-be," I said, "Making sure all my cravings are satisfied,"

"You've been breaking beds, you mean,"

"REBEKAH!"