there's a galaxy behind your eyes (07)

the memories of samuel pinning me against the matress and his toned body hovering above me kept replaying inside of my head -- it sends chills down my spine, it makes me want to bawl my eyes out.

i'm currently inside jennie's car. she's driving silently, she hasn't uttered a single word since that happened. i wonder why she looks more traumatized than i am. her eyes are distant -- though i've caught her stealing a few glances at my direction.

i know that she wants to say something, but something's holding her back. i would ask her, but i'm not in the mood to say anything at all. i'm terrified and very, very bothered with what just happened in the party.

i would be mad at jennie for inviting me to the party, but then again, she probably didn't want this to happen either. i know that she's my bully, but i'd like to think that she's not like that.

when the car halted, my bubble of thoughts popped. i thought i was finally home, but when i looked outside there were no houses or familiar structures -- grass covered the whole vicinity. i looked at jennie worriedly, afraid that she'd do something too.

but jennie is not like samuel, right?

right.

"this is our favourite place," jennie looked at me. this time, legitimately looking at me -- not a glance.

i raised a brow, my puffy black irises making it hard for me to fully open my eyes. "our" probably means the three of them. her, rosé and lisa; the unbreakable trio.

"it's soothing here," she said, referring to the wilderness outside the car. "it's quiet and nice."

i cocked my head to side, confused. she smiled at me reassuringly and got out of the car. my eyes followed her as she quickly walked to the back of the car, i heard and felt the car's boot open -- my confusion rises. a few more seconds, i see jennie holding a blanket and placing it down on the grass then she walks up to me and opened the door.

"come outside," she said and lent me her hand.

i looked at her hand and back to her perfectly sculpted face. i grew more confused, but nevertheless i still took her hand -- is it weird that her hand fits perfectly with mine?

jennie held my hand firmly but still undeniably gentle. she softly tugged my hand, inviting me to go outside the car. with a sigh, i followed. she sat me on the blanket on top of the grass before sitting down herself.

my eyes widened when i finally realized why jennie took me here -- it's beautiful. i thought that it's nothing special, but i was wrong.

 i thought that it's nothing special, but i was wrong

when i saw the view, i felt serenity. i've completely understatemented jennie; my lips curved into a smile without warning.

"we're on top of a cliff," jennie broke the comfortable silence.