Chapter 45

"Raiza." I heard a voice that I would recognize anywhere saying.

My heart began pounding and I slowly turned around, moving away from Cam. Harry was with his eyes locked on me and the urge of wanting to run to his arms was burning me inside. Those mesmerizing and breath-taking emerald eyes that make my feel like he was looking right into my soul, scrutinizing every single corner of it. But then I remembered what happened, the way he had treated me and how I felt like I was the reason of his anger, of his hate.

"Raiza." Cam said, taking my hand. I turned my head and he was looking at me, I could see in his beautiful grey eyes the plea to stay with him and not to go with Harry. I gave him a little squeeze and smiled slightly.

"Whatever you came to do Harry, save it." I said, not looking at him. "We're busy. Cam and I have a test tomorrow."

"Since when studying has to do with kissing? I'm sorry, did I miss that class or-"

I hit the table with my book when I heard him saying that. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and tried to calm down. "Look, I don't owe you any explanation but if you care so much: no, we weren't kissing." Was he serious? I had caught him with another girl half naked on bed and he was turning the tables on me? Cam and I didn't even kiss!

"It's late to be alone at the library." Harry said. "Haven't you heard about the strange attacks around campus? If I were you, I wouldn't stay wandering around so late at night, angel. We all know what happened when you were alone in the dark." The sinister tone is his voice made me have goosebumps.

"She's not alone." Cam suddenly said. "She's with me."

"Wow, such an amazing company." The curly haired guy said sarcastically.

The memory of the dark figure made my whole body stiffed. The thought of that thing going around campus hurting and killing people terrified me to death, and it may be not only one but more. "C-Cam I think we should probably go." I said, looking at him. He saw the fear in my eyes and didn't argue.

I gathered all my things and walked straight to the door. Cam soon joined me and we both walked to our building dorms. He offered to walk me to my dorm but it was already late and we both needed to rest. I quickened my pace to get as soon as possible to my room. The inner streets of the campus were deserted; the only thing I could hear was my own breathing.

Suddenly a cold shiver ran down my spine, the exact same feeling I always get when 'it' was around. Calm down Raiza, I told myself. There's no one following me, I'm just paranoid because of what Harry said.

A deep creepy laugh was heard behind me. I quickly turned around but saw nothing.

"You'll be mine." I heard a perverse voice whispering in my ear.

My blood froze as I felt the hot breath clashing against my skin. I freaked out because there was no one around me. I started running towards my building dorm without looking back. Once I was on my bedroom I turned on the light hoping to see Rue, but she wasn't there. Why did she always have to go out when this things happen to me!? I quickly locked the door and jumped into bed.

I stayed awake and with the lights on for hours until my eyes began to fell heavy and I eventually fell asleep.

...

"Raiza." I heard someone whispering in my ear. I groaned and covered myself with the sheets. "Raiza." The same voice whispered again.

"Rue, I'm really tired please." I whined, turning around. I felt a body getting on my bed and touching my hair. "Rue, I mean it." My pants slowly began to be pulled down and in that moment I knew it wasn't her. My eyes flew open and I turned around facing it, the same thing that had been haunting me since I moved here, the silhouette I had seen standing in front of my window and lately had almost killed me.

The dark figure.

I jumped out of bed and ran towards the door. I unlocked it but it was like I hadn't, I couldn't open it. I turned my head and the dark figure was standing near the end of my bed.

"3:30, 'Devil's Hour'. No escape, you'll be mine." A deep ghastly voice came out of the evil entity that cocked its head with every word, following the rhythm of the sinister melody.

My whole body was shaking; I was terrified. The room was pitch black and I didn't know what else to do so I started praying at loud. But it didn't turn out pretty well since things began to fly across the room and crash against the walls, and then the dark figure started laughing.

"Praying to your beloved and benevolent God?" He asked laughing. "Guess what? Your God won't help you." That thing said, coming toward me at a slow pace. "You're alone."

The sinister melody was heard again. I slowly tried to got up looking for support on the door handle since I didn't trust my legs, which were weak and shaky. I managed to find the switch by groping my way along the wall and turned it on.

It was gone. That thing had disappeared.

I dropped myself to the ground, still terrified by what I just had lived. My breathing was irregular and I had my heart in my mouth. I looked at my hands and they were trembling uncontrollably, so in a pointless effort to control myself I clutched them together to my chest and started to sway slightly.

What do I need to do to make this go away?

I felt the tears eager to get out and stream down my face; I couldn't hold them back anymore. I buried my face on my knees and burst into tears.

This dark entity wanted to take me to the brink of insanity.

And it was having success.

Suddenly the knob on the door began shaking. I stepped back

"Raiza! Open the door." I heard Rue yelling.

I ran towards the door and opened it. A soon as I saw her I hugged her really tight and burst into tears. Rue wrapped her arms around me and took me inside.

"What's wrong!? Did something happen to you!?" The black haired girl asked worried.

Between sobs I tried to tell her what had happened and reproached her because she never was when I needed her. My gothic friend hugged me again and tried to calm me down. "I'm so sorry Raiza. You're right. I'm always partying." She said with a feeling of guilty in her voice. "I'm never around when you need me the most. I'm really sorry for leaving you to cope with things you can't fight alone."

I couldn't stop crying, I was just so overwhelmed about all these things I didn't understand nor know why happened to me. Rue caressed my back until my sobs until became whispers and overcome by fatigue, I fell in the deepest sleep.