There aren't sides- 60

Kirishima pov
I sat in Kat's lap in the lobby of the hotel. Surrounded by friends, we all laughed and talked to each other. Earlier, whilst making dinner, Kat told me about his conversation with Uchida. Thankfully, tomorrow would be a bit of sparring then the day off, allowing myself to plan a cute date for me and my boyfriend. "So what's everyone doing tomorrow?" Asked Midoriya with a friendly smile.
"Me and Ojiro are going on a boat ride, anyone can come if they want." Said Hagakure happily, with Ojiro nodding slowly beside her.
"I want to go swimming in the sea." Stated Tsu.
"Well since so many old friends are here, I was thinking I'd meet up with Uchida!" Exclaimed Ashido, causing Kat to scoff. "Oh and Kirishima you can come if you want." She grinned at me, obviously not reading the mood of Kat and I.
"Why would he want to meet up with that asshole?" Asked Katsuki rhetorically. Since I could already feel the tension in the room increasing, I got off his lap and sat on the arm of the chair next to him.
"I thought he seemed quite nice?" Said Uraraka curiously.
"Yeah! Uchida's great." Added Ashido defensively. Hearing my friends talk so highly of him left a sour taste in my mouth.
"No he's not." I said, my voice serious.
"He's a fucking piece of homophobic trash." Sneered Kat, causing the whole class to fall completely silent. Whenever topics such as homophobia came up, everyone became slightly awkward; understandable though, it was something most of them wouldn't have to deal with. Ashido decided to break the quietness.
"He already said that he wasn't grossed out by you two holding hands, just surprised. I mean, I think someone spread rumours back in middle school about Kirishima and I'm sure he was-"
"Shut it Pinky! We're not talking about that. How would you feel if I told you that-" Kat began ranting, but I needed to stop him. It was unfair on Ashido to do it in front of the whole class. I placed my hand on his chest and shook my head.
"Mina, maybe we should talk privately?"

We stood in a vacant hallway with Ashido leaning on the wall. "So what has he said?" She asked, sounding as if she didn't want to know. I folded my arms and took a heavy breathe.
"Well, obviously you don't know but- but Uchida bullied me all throughout middle school. He spread the rumours, he beat me up." I almost chocked on my words as I watched her cover her mouth in shock. Water began to make its way into her eyes. "And then he pretended to be nice to me at lunch the other day. But afterwards, he took me aside and basically said a bunch of nasty stuff and threatened me." I waited for her response, not knowing what to expect. Me and her had grown pretty close over the past months, but she was really good friends with Uchida. Finally, she spoke;
"Are you sure that's what happened? It doesn't sound like Uchida?" I could hear the pain in her voice.
"Mina, you think I'd forget what he did to me for all those years? For god sake he literally made me want to k- yes, he did say all that." I stopped my words as I stopped my tears. I wished Kat was with me.
"Maybe I should talk to him tomorrow? See his side of the story-"
"There aren't sides!" I yelled at her. "He was utter shit to me Mina. Don't go defending that! I get that you were friends but a real friend wouldn't blindly defend them." She was now fully crying, but did her best to talk and act through it.
"But he can be a really nice person." She said weakly.
"That doesn't erase everything he did." I stared at her blankly, finding it hard to feel empathy for her. I loved Mina, but I hated watching her defend Uchida.
"I'm sorry- Kirishima." She confessed through her crying. "But I need to speak to him- about it." I didn't see the point in arguing. She had made up her mind. I just nodded angrily before turning back to the lobby. I stormed in and pulled Kat off his seat.
"We're going to bed!"