18

Your POV:

"It's because of Jungkook," Minjoo said and for a second, I felt my heart sink. Because somewhere, I knew that already.

How, I didn't know.

Maybe the fact that he had barged into my room and acted like a very close acquaintance...

Or did he tell them everything?

"W-what do you mean?," I croaked when my brain fried.

She pulled a strip gently and smiled.

"Before you came, he came over here," she looked at me and then picked a fresh medicated strip.

Then tearing it open and applying it on another bruise, she continued, "He told us how you had fainted because of overworking yourself and how it was because of us."

I was aware I wasn't breathing but who cares about that?

"He was so angry, y/n. He asked us why we treat you bad anyway. None of us could actually answer him. So he answered for us: he wasn't dating you and never did."

And hearing that somehow relaxed me as all the air I had held in came gushing out of my gaping mouth.

"He reminded us that one, he wasn't dating you and two, even if he was, it was not our business anyway."

She giggled as she tried to mimic him, "She's all alone with everyone suspecting her of dating me and throwing shade at her. This is the time when people around her, who know for sure it isn't true should be supporting her, should be there for her. Instead you're doing her more harm than those strangers."

I don't know why, but it brought tears to my eyes, again.

Even though I was shocked about Jungkook making such a bold move, I couldn't help but feel a bit of gratitude.

I wiped my eyes and said, "he really said all that?"

She nodded.

"And who wouldn't listen to Jungkook? Hence, the change," she smiled ruefully. Guilt, maybe...

"Although," she began. I looked at her again. "This whole move by Jungkook further instilled the idea that you guys are involved," she raised an eyebrow playfully.

I choked on my saliva.

She laughed at my expression and when she realized I wasn't laughing, she tried stopping herself. She eventually did. After 5 minutes.

"Don't worry. They don't think so anymore after Jungkook so adamantly and angrily paraded that you're being wrongly accused and punished," she patted my shoulder.

I wanted to roll my eyes at the fact he'd so easily convinced them that he wasn't ever into me.

So Juancock is getting used to lying huh?

I still always got hurt every time he denied we were in a relationship although I somehow should get used to it now.

I was deep in thought about strangling Jungkook for lying when it hit me.

Minjoo unnie had said "they".

My eyes shot up to her.

"They? What do you mean they?"

She smirked. "I mean, the girls don't think you dated Jungkook now."

I felt scared of asking what I was about to ask her, so much that I felt a shiver down my spine.