Promises

Kayla's P.O.V

The sunlight peeking out from the curtains shines on my face waking me out of my sleep. Lazily, I stretch out on the couch and roll onto the floor. Groaning, I sit up and rub my eyes. Everybody must have gotten up and got dressed already. So I fold up my covers and walk downstairs to get ready for the busy day ahead of me. I go into the guest room and do my hygiene thing and get dressed. After I'm done I walk out and unlock my phone. As I'm looking through my missed messages, I bump into someone and trip but he catches me before I can hit the ground. Me and Jacob make eye contact for what seems like forever until the corner of his mouth twitches breaking into that wide grin I've come to love so much. But he doesn't know that. He lets me go and, I readjust myself, taking a step back to calm the butterflies in my stomach.
" I was just coming to wake you up", he says while rubbing the back of his neck.
" Where everybody else go?"
" Well Ar'mon said he had some business to take care of at the dance studio, Trey still sleep, and ole' dude in the kitchen waitin' for you---"
" Oh, yeah he's going to help me with this assignment for music."
" I could've helped you", he said stepping forward. I look at him, and my mind jumps to the conversation me and he had last night----
Flashback

" He wants you", Lucas says
" Who", I say facing towards him.
" Ya boy".
" Jacob? You trippin' he's just my best friend, nothin' more nothin' less."
" Shorty, I'm a nigga."
" Yes. I'm aware of that".
" He wanna have more than that " best friend" title. That shit don't hold no weight."
" How you figure that though?"
" Look, I'm just sayin' shorty".
" Sayin' what? He don't look at me that way---"
" You like him back." My eyes widen a bit.
" Nigga I'm done talkin' bout this play the movie and shut up", I say looking away from him. He smirks and shakes his head but out of the corner of my eye I see an expression on his face I can't read------