18

(Y/n)'s POV

Sam drove us to the movie, and in the car I was starting to get very nervous. I really liked Peter, but I had no idea if he felt the same. He probably didn't. He probably likes Liz Allen, the prettiest girl in the school.

Why wouldn't he? She's perfect. It was really weird sitting in the back with him, since it's my car. But, I decided to let Ned have his fanboy moment with Sam.

"Alright we're here. Have fun, kids," Sam said, pulling up to the movie theater.

"Thanks Sammie," I said with a laugh. He hates when I call him that, so he scowled.

We got out of the car and walked up to the ticket booth, and waited in line. The line was fairly short, but it wasn't moving very quickly.

"Have you guys seen this movie?" I asked.

"I have. Ned hasn't," Peter said.

"I've seen all the sequels though. My video store never has the first one," Ned replied with a shrug. I hadn't seen the movie, but I heard it was kind of scary.

"Hi, welcome to Cinemark. What tickets do you want today?" An unenthusiastic emo teenage boy asked from behind the window.

"Three tickets to Nightmare on Elm Street," I said. He showed no emotion as he typed it into his computer.

"$15.50," he said. I handed him a twenty, and he let out a slight groan as he got my change. He handed me a five and three tickets. That little emo ass was too lazy to get 4.50, but honestly I didn't mind.

I handed the boys their tickets and they smiled and thanked me. We walked in and handed them to the usher.

"Theater seven!" She said cheerfully, the complete opposite of the ticket seller. I smiled at her and led the boys to the theater.

We walked in and it wasn't too full, but we were early. We found three seats in the middle of the theater and sat down in them. I sat in between Peter and Ned.

We just watched the previews, which were for movies that came out in the 80's. Since they were playing Nightmare on Elm Street, they made the previews for movies that came around that time.

The movie started, and it showed the kids running through an alleyway.

Peter's POV

Now is my shot. It was a calm part of the movie. I pretended to yawn, and then I put my arm around her. She tensed at my touch, but relaxed a couple seconds later. She leaned into my shoulder, and I looked over at Ned.

Ned flashed me a smirk and a thumbs up, and I tightened my arm around her. Suddenly, Freddy Kruger flashed onto the screen, and everyone in the audience yelled.

I've seen the movie before, so I wasn't scared. (Y/n), however, was, and buried her face into my shoulder. I smiled to myself as she peeked her head out and looked back at the screen.

(After the Movie)

"That was.. interesting," (Y/n) said when the movie ended. We sat in the theater and decided to wait until everyone else left, so it wouldn't be so crowded.

Once most of the people went out of the theater, I plotted what I was going to do next. I took my arm off of her and walked out, with them following. I suddenly got a shitload of confidence, and grabbed her hand.

She smiled and intertwined her fingers with mine. I heard Ned make another inhuman noise, and (Y/n) kissed my cheek. That earned another inhuman noise from Ned.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked (Y/n), at the entrance to the theater. I signaled for Ned to walk out, and he did.

"Sure," she said, standing in front of me.