Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Piyali woke up around 7 am and packed their bags as today they were departing for Mumbai. She took a shower and wore blue color chudidar dress. Then she thought to wake up Nick so that they can place their order for breakfast. Nick was slept wrapping under the blankets. She pulled blanket little away and touched his arm to wake him up,

"Oh my god, He got high fever." She mumbled as she touched his hot arm. Nick groaned in sleep. For a minute she was frozen what to do? How to help him out? It's not Mumbai and Nick's mom is also not there to help her. She tried to wake him up but he wasn't opening his eyes and only groaning in place. His forehead was hot and lips were sore. With teary eyes she called her mother-in-laws' number; Nick's mom Arpita took the phone after second ring.

"Hey Piyali, how's going everything? You two are coming today na? Did you pack your bags properly, nothing is left right?" she inquired enthusiastically.

"Mom, Nick..." Piyali whimpered covering her mouth.

"What happened Piyali? Why are you crying? My heart is clenching, tell me fast?" Arpita started panicking.

"Mom...Nick....Nick is not opening his eyes, he is groaning in pain.....he...he got high fever..." her voice crackled.

"Ohhh....Nick got fever" Arpita let out a sigh of relief, "You got me almost heart attack, I thought something....let it be....listen to me, is there any phone diary in your room?"

"Yes I know there is one diary beside the phone." Piyali replied.

"Ok, now call for the room service and get the help ok."

"Ok"

"Keep me updating about his health ok? And also you take care of yourself. Be calm dear, he will be alright, I am putting the phone, now you call for the help." She hung up the phone. Immediately Piyali grabbed the phone diary and fetched help.

*****

Piyali hadn't eaten anything since morning. She kept on checking Nick's fever every now and then as doctor gave him the injection and tablets. After six hours, Nick felt little better as he got up in his bed.

Piyali's eyes stir open from her nap as she heard Nick's movement.

"Nick, what are you doing? You need to take rest. You are not feeling well, I will bring what you want." She said and dragged him to the bed. He obliged and lied on the bed. She got him his phone and laptop.

"How are you feeling now?" she asked, her face full of worry.

"Much better now. Did you eat anything Piyali?"

"Nope, I will make order now, also you need to take medicines after eating something." She replied with a smile, he nodded. 

to be continued.....  

  😘 Please do Vote, Comment & Share 😘