koo junhoe - "bad habit"

you roughly placed a 20 dollar bill on the black sticky counter at the buzzing bar and yelled at the bartender, "could i get all the drinks i can with this money?"

"3 drinks?" the bartender grimaced at you.

you slapped another 20 dollar on top of your previous one and smirked at the bartender, "make that 6 drinks please."

the bartender stuffed the money uncaringly in his front pocket and nodded at your sudden demand.

a man with black hair and broad shoulders slipped in the seat next to you. you could tell he was doing his best not to look at how skin tight your dress was.

you downed one of the drinks the bartender gave you and made a snark remark, "oh? trying to being a gentleman i see. if you want to fuck me say it already. it's not like i'm taken anyway."

the guy was caught of guard "t-that's not what i wanted to say to you." he coughed, "i was going to say there was a creep staring at you across the dance floor i'd be careful. have your boyfriend stay close to you."

you laughed loudly, "i appreciate that you're trying to keep me safe, but i have no boyfriend because he dumped me 30 minutes on that dance floor. that man can do whatever he wants with me, even if it includes killing me."

the man's face twisted with confusion, "that doesn't sound good. you've already had 4 drinks, where is your house?" the man lent out his hand towards you.

you slapped it away and turned around to look at the man that was supposedly looking down on you like you were a piece of meat. the man across the room was the boy who had just broke up with you, koo junhoe. you scowled and downed your last drink of the night, "don't worry about him he's just trouble."

the man smirked and rested his hand on your shoulder, "and what makes you think i'm not?"

you grinned as you slapped the man's hand away from your shoulder, "don't touch me."

"how can you say that with such a beautiful grin?" the man said repositioning his hand on your shoulder.

"get your hands off her." junhoe said as he wrapped his arm around your waist and lifted you up.

the man stood up and glared at junhoe. he turned his attention back to you and smiled while handing you a card, "here's my information (y/n). feel free to call me anytime you want; for anything and everything."

as soon as the man sauntered away junhoe snatched the card from your hands and ripped it the card up into tiny pieces. "be careful for that man. when you were talking with him you didn't even say your name once yet he knows it."

you scoffed, "and why do you care?"

junhoe looked guilty and flashed a sad smile, "breaking up with you was the worst thing i've ever done and the biggest mistake i've ever made."

you stood up and pushed yourself away from junhoe, "it was nice of you to come to my rescue but i don't need your help."

junhoe didn't say anything but just grilled your hand softly, "stay at my house tonight. we don't need to do anything you can sleep on my bed and i'll be on the couch. we have no idea what those man's intentions are."

you shouted, "BASTARD NOW YOU WANT TO WORRY ABOUT ME! HOW ABOUT A COUPLE MINUTES AGO WHEN YOU BROKE UP WITH ME?"

junhoe grabbed your waist and threw you over his shoulder, "c'mon (y/n), i'm taking you to my house."

you pounded your fists on his back, "LET ME GO."

junhoe didn't say anything and just walked to out of the club. you started to give up since you knew once junhoe had his mind set on a plan he wouldn't change it. the sounds of crickets filled the air and the luminous stars were out. you finally spoke to break the silence, "i promise i'll start walking with you."

you felt junhoe shake from laughing, "we dated for 5 years don't start. i'm going to place you in the car soon. don't resist because i'm doing this for your own good."

you scoffed, "did you break up with me for my own good too?"

junhoe shook his head no, "my mom doesn't think you're fiancée material. my mom is on the verge of dying so i have to listen to her or else i would be a horrible son."

you stayed silent even when you two had finally reached the car and as junhoe gently placed you in the passenger seat.

-

junhoe was still carrying you to the the bed and he still gently placed you. he handled you with care, something you hadn't found in any other man.

"don't take my words to heart. i love you, but my mom doesn't." junhoe said as he ripped off the tie he was wearing.

you sighed and asked, "can you get me some clothes?"

junhoe nodded and threw you a sweatshirt and basketball shorts.

"but these aren't my clothes?" you said as you held junhoe's clothes

he grunted, "because i put the clothes you left here in the washer."

you nodded and smiled, "can i get water?"

"do whatever you want, just because we stopped dating doesn't mean i'm going to make you miserable."

-

you had changed into the clothes junhoe gave you and walked to the kitchen. once you go to water you wanted you hopped on the counter and gulped the water. you were pretty sure the water sobered you up a bit but you didn't mind.

junhoe entered the kitchen and widened his eyes, "what are you doing on the counter?"

"living." you said and then smiled.

"you're so stubborn. it's a bad habit."

you frowned, "i hate how comfortable we still are with each other. i'm still comfortable enough to sit on your counter and you're still comfortable enough to point out my bad habits."

junhoe said nothing and walked towards you. the air was unbreathable because of how close he was to you. junhoe caressed your cheek and whispered, "are you still...comfortable enough to kiss me?"

you didn't say anything and closed the gap between you two. your mouthed moved in sync and your hands grabbed the nearest thing they could. you pulled away from junhoe and asked, "what does that make us?"

"whatever you want us to be." junhoe said

you rested your head on his shoulder, "i don't want me taking you back to me another one of my bad habits."

word count: 1.14k