Beaches vs. Bitches

"Let's go out and have fun!" I say spontaneously to Jason.

"What?" He looks at me like I'm a psycho. I'm quite used to his looks by now. "Now?"

"Yeah!" I nod enthusiastically. "The sun is out. The sky is clear. I can hear the birds singing. Summer is awaiting!" I sway side to side.

"Okay..." He checks my forehead with the back of his hand.

"Dude, I'm fine!" I swat his hand away and scowl. "Do you want to go out or not?"

"Go where?"

"How about the Venice Beach?" I suggest to him. "Or Beverly Hills?"

"Hmm..." He shakes his head.

"Disneyland? California Adventures?Six Flags? Knotts?" I throw in some theme parks.

"How about somewhere close by?" He turns down my suggestions.

"Okay, you turned down all my ideas. Do you have any better ones?" I grumble, miffed that he didn't like any of the places I said.

"How about Third Street Promenade and Santa Monica Pier then?" He raises an eyebrow, seeming proud of his idea.

I bop him hard on his shoulder.

"Hey! What was that for?"

"So much for staying close..." I roll my eyes. "That was my idea in the first place!"

"It was?" Sunny seems confused.

"Were you even listening to what I was saying?" I say, annoyed.

"Yeah.." He nods. Then, he changes the topic. "Go get ready!"

I choose to wear my white see-through lace cover-up top over my tribal patterned bandeau swim top. Then, I match them with neon pink shorts. I grab my essentials: sunscreen, sunglasses, clothes, wallet, cellphone, extra towels, umbrella, etc.,

"You ready?" Sunny shouts from downstairs.

"Yeah! Just about!" I holler back. "Get the car ready!" As an afterthought, I add, "And drive the Jeep!"

I make sure I have everything Sunny and I need. He always leaves the packing to me. All he brings are his wallet, keys, and himself usually.

"HONK!"

"ALRIGHT! IM COMING!" I scream. He's the impatient one out of us. I hop into the car.

"Took you long enough." He comments as we leave the house.

"Well somebody didn't bother packing anything and left me in charge of bringing the stuff!" I retort.

"Well somebody always overpacks. We will be gone a couple hours, not days!" He tilts his head at me.

"It's better to be over packed than under packed!" I respond.

He says nothing to that, which totally means I just won the comeback contest.

"Wake me up when we get there." I tell him.

"You're gonna sleep and leave me without anyone to talk to for over an hour?" He complains.

"Uh...yeah." I shrug. I always sleep in the car. Cars make me sleepy.

"Wow." He replies.

I smile in return and lean back to get comfortable.

***

My eyes snap open as soon as the car parks. It's a weird little thing about me. I seem to wake up most of the time when we get to a destination. Sometimes, I don't though.