Powers (Edited)

Electra

"Electra" I repeated

Just then I felt something attacking my mind. It was extremely painful like boiling hot needles were pricking my skull. My brain was throbbing intensely. I let out a gasp. I wanted to attack back but I forced myself to back down and then, as fast as the pain had started, it stopped.

Hello. You must be my bonded rider. What's your name? asked Electra in my mind.

"Amy" I thought back

"That's a nice name" replied Electra out loud. Just then the woman walked over to Adam and I.

"Alright your dragons have hatched and you are now mentally linked. If you go through the door and turn left, you need to be in the third room on the right. Adam and I got up and walked through the door before smiling at each other.

"Adam, this is Electra. Electra, this is Adam". Electra looked at Adam and said "Hi Adam. What is your dragon's name?"

"I'm Furnace" Furnace replied. He was the same shape as Electra and had an orange body with red spines and yellow spots. In other words when he moved, he looked like he was on fire.

We placed our dragons on the floor and they scurried along ahead of us playfighting and chatting.

Adam smiled widely. "Can you believe it! We got our own dragon!"

I laughed. "I know! And now we get our powers too!"

"What," he asked. "Your purple alien blob ball?"

We both laughed, before scooping up our dragons into our arms. Electra nuzzled me, before scrambling up to my shoulder and fiddling with my hair as we entered the room. Inside was a huge auditorium! It was the size of several temples, with a huge arched ceiling. The floor was a training floor, a spongy lino, and the room had lots of doors branching off of it.

Including us there were only six of us in the room. A man with wavy blonde hair and bushy eyebrows strode into the middle of the room and we all looked at him as he started to speak

"Is this all of you? Not quite. We will have to start without them, New dragon owners, in a minute you will go into a simulator to reveal your powers. You will be forced to fight, and will relive your most painful memory. The first moment you feel truly frightened, your powers will erupt from you. Now most of you already know your powers, bar the female rider, but you cannot unlock them until you do this simulator. Remember, in real life and battles, you will have a Anchemi which will protect you, and you them, but you will learn about in your lessons. For now, please enter a room. Any room, they are all the same,".

I smiled nervously at Adam who responded in kind and walked to the closest door to me. Opening the door, I paused on the threshold. The room was white. Literally. It had white walls, a white ceiling and a white floor. I stepped in, with my head held high and shut the door behind me. My stomach started churning and very active butterflies were obviously flying in them. I took a deep breath, letting all my worries and emotions float out of me in a swirling cloud of depression,  stress and happiness. Immediately the room changed.

I was walking down the garden path at my house. My mother and sister were laughing in the dining room. The flowers were scenting the garden and the gravel was crunching under my foot. This was when my mother had been happy, always singing and laughing. This was when my father was alive. I hear the rasp of a blade and spin around to see my father surrounded by robbers. They laugh evilly as my father leaps out and slits one of the robbers throats. He clutches the gaping red smile as he drops, hitting the ground with a dull thump, his eyes staring lifelessly up at the night sky, the Draco constellation looking down at him and as I watch, one of them plunges the blade into my father's neck. Blood spurts out in a gruesome fountain and I flinch as some of the warm slippery blood lands on my face. I drop to my knees and crawl to my father. His eyelids flicker towards me and he says "Remember Amy, you are unique and-". I stare in horror as my father's hand thuds to the floor and Fred Harry Lanstock moved no more "No!" I screamed, spinning to the robbers as something pink and purple and white erupts from my body and washes over the robbers. I watch as they dance a gruesome dance in death. In my hands are dancing balls of the same colour and I spin around to see all the robbers to see them dead on the floor, with multiple burn marks over their bodies. The smell of singed hair wafts over to me as the simulation ends.

The door opens and I walk outside to see the boys staring at me in awe and the man, looking stunned said "you have a unique power. Do you know what it is?"

I said "it burned like fire yet formed balls in my hands plus it was the pink, purple and white. Honestly, I have no idea."

The man looked at me and said "You have a power that was and will be the most incredible power ever. It is ..."