Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

"Look back on your past and you will see what you had. But watch out while you're still in the present, for you to get what you want in the future."

"Look back on your past and you will see what you had."

"But watch out while you're still in the present,"

"For you to get what you want in the future."

I still don't know what this means and I'm stressed out. Until I saw Desiree eating an ice cream in a park.

"Heyoww Desiree!~ What's up?" We looked around and since it's all clear, we did our fist bump, even though we improvised it since she couldn't touch me.

"What are you up to?" She asked. I just gave her a sad smile and sit beside her. I missed eating an ice cream. They say that the ice cream is tastier when we are sad.

I said, "I want to go to our home. I might see something in there. Wanna come with me?"

"Yeah sure," she said then picked up her things.

We walked silently as we reached my past home. During the day, no one is in the house since everyone is busy with their lives. But we always make sure to eat dinner together. Well, as much as possible. Desiree knows that the key is hidden under the pot since she's always in our home so she just got it while checking if someone can see her doing it. As we got inside the house, I felt nostalgic. It felt so familiar. I'm finally home.

I don't usually come here in the house because it hurts me seeing my family recovering. But I realized that it was too selfish of me, wanting them to be sad just because I'm gone. They should be happy because they all deserved it. We went to my room and there I see myself doing my daily routine. I wish I was alive so that I'll be able to do the things that I want to do that I still haven't done yet. There are so many things I took for granted. And, I'm now regretting it. Then there I saw the little picture frames on my bedside table, it's a picture of me when I turned eight years old. I was wearing a birthday hat holding my cake while laughing. It's one of the most unforgettable memories I've ever had.

FLASHBACK

13 years ago

"Shh, is everything okay now?"

"The candle is missing!" Someone panicked.

"I've got it!"

"SHHH..." Then it became silent until I heard the flicker of a match. Slowly, they sang a happy birthday song quietly until they got louder to wake me up. I can't help but smile the moment I woke up. I looked around me and saw my family singing Happy birthday to me while wearing birthday hats. Then there I saw my best friend, Tony, holding the cake for me. He smiled shyly.

"Make a wish!" He excitedly said. So I closed my eyes and smile. I wish that everything right now will still remains. Then I blew the candle. The moment I opened my eyes, I saw him smiling widely. And I swear, he has the most wonderful smile. And I don't know why but I have this urge to make him happy. To make him smile more than the times he frowns or cries. "What's your wish?" I smiled at him and whispered it to his ears. He smiled at me too and said, "I'll make it happen." Hah, that's impossible. But I believe in him.

"Yasha, ready yourself. We will now have our breakfast!" My mom said.

"Okayy mom!~"

The sun set already and we are here now in our favorite spot. The hill. We are talking endlessly again! Well I do most of the talking and he just listens to me. Giving side comments and I'll reply. One of the few things I love in my best friend.