XLVII

-Stella Hart-

-Stella Hart-

So we're fucking graduating.

I'm not sure how we made it, all I know is that we're here, at the end of it all and we're fucking graduating.

The past six months have been epically uninteresting and I mean that in the best way possible. Finding our prophecy liberated us, the truth of how we fit into all of this liberated us and we were able to live our lives within a sense of normality. Sure we still have guards and rules and a shiny border protecting the castle and the grounds but within it all we were able to live wonderfully normal lives.

And normal life has been pretty great.

1. The boys started pranking again.

It started off small; Sirius jump-scaring Pete by charming Remus to levitate above the common room door to drop down on a sleepy unsuspecting Peter as we left for breakfast. James (aided by Lily) began torchering all of us with a muggle joke object (obtained by Lily) called a whoopee cushion which when sat on creates the most obnoxious fart noise.

Then, as the confidence and normality grew so did the pranks. Remus orchestrating an enchanted air-horn prank that quite literally blew Slughorn and the entire seventh year potions class away. Peter transforming into his animagus form and scaring the shit out of various different people (the best was McGonogal, her girlish screams making us almost wet ourselves).

2. Sirius and I.

We continued and perfected renditions of that night in the astronomy tower. (We got very good) (We used protection) (Lily and James hopped on the bandwagon too). And we were able to just be a normal couple in love and it's been so fucking great.

3. James and Lily.

James took Lily on a series of fantastic dates, working within the boundries of the castle grounds. The rest of us helped out a lot, setting up surprise picnics in the forest and the warf on the black lake, diverting Lily's attention to keep her away from the common room while James sets up a candlelit dinner. The list goes on, it seems James was eager to enjoy the normality of a relationship.

4. Remus.

Within all of this normality, Remus still had to suffer. The full moon never goes away and the pain and suffering that comes with it never goes away. I will never forgive myself for not being there for Remus through all of that during sixth year and I know that the others have felt guilty over prioritising ourselves over what he's going through. He needs our support and within the normality of the past sixth months we have been able to truly support him and been able to realise that no matter what is going on, supporting him is vital.

5. Peter.

Pete found it harder to be coaxed back into normal day to day life. I think after everything we've been through, the fear has never really left us but what makes us different to Peter is that we've been able to put it to the back of our minds. He hasn't. He is so authentically afraid that it has changed the way he interacts with us, but it has also changed the way we interact with him. We know he requires more validation, more comfort, more support and so we give it.