8. A Surprise

Chapter - 8

LOVE IS... A SURPRISE

'Love always comes as a surprise, you don't need to close your eyes 'cause soon you'll recognize its colors.' - Love Always Comes As A Surprise by Peter Asher

"What the hell do you think you are doing?"

Ashton's head snapped up to look at me in surprise, which he quickly concealed with his ever annoying smirk. "You cursed!" My widened eyes narrowed at him, and he answered me, "Going through some really interesting stuff."

My eyes widened, again and I sprinted towards him as soon as I came out of the bathroom and saw him looking at my laptop screen with intense concentration. He stood up from the couch in an instant. He jumped towards the back of the couch with the laptop in his hand and a huge smirk on his face.

"Give it back to me," I said with tightly clenched jaw and narrowed eyes.

He laughed in reply and ducked to avoid the pillow I had thrown his way. "I'm not someone who'd bear violence, Liana," he mocked me.

Ignoring him, I stood up on the couch and made lame attempts of snatching it from him. It had personal stuff! "Give it back!"

"Strip first!"

"What?" I asked appalled as I froze on the couch with my right arm extended towards him.

He laughed again and raised his hand high above his head, making it impossible for me to even touch the corner of my laptop. "I was so expecting this reaction from you."

"Very funny," I said sarcastically. "What's there in my laptop for you, Ashton? You've already seen all the profiles of the sexy candidates. Give it back."

He scrunched up his nose in distaste and said, "They were so boring." I shook my head and tried to snatch the laptop that he had hidden behind him. He smirked mischievously and told me, "Though I did find something really very interesting."

The way he said it made the alarms ring in my head. "What are you talking about?" A simple thought that maybe he was just kidding entered my head and I said, "You don't know the password. It's not possible that you saw anything. I locked it myself before going to the bathroom. You're lying." I satisfied myself with this little hope.

But his growing smirk made all my hope disappear into thin air. "Or am I?"

I looked at him skeptically while my nervousness was growing with each passing second. "I get it that you're a writer. Great for you. Even though your vocabulary is not that great and you can definitely cut down the use of the word 'and'." I scowled a little at his words but tried to understand where he was going with this conversation. There was no way that he could know my password. Yes, I had entered my password in front of him but my typing speed was fast, really fast. I was a writer for God's sake! Ignoring my scowl, and noticing my confusion, he continued, "'aeiou98765' Why would someone ever keep such a password?" He asked incredulously as a gasp escaped my lips at his correct guess.

"Because it is a weird password and nobody can ever guess it," I justified my creativity with a straight face. But, he guessed it. "Well, could have guessed it," I corrected myself with slumped shoulders. "How did you?" I let my curiosity get the best of me and asked him this question.

He informed me with a victorious smirk on his face, "I made a little video of you typing your password, and played it at snail's speed."

If I would not have been at the receiving end of his prank, I would have perhaps applauded and laughed at his antic. But, I was the only one facing his genius mind and thereby, I settled with giving him a death glare and yelled, "Jerk!"