Not Alone

When Emmy woke up, she was floating in water.  Her eyes looked around the room and she realized that she was in the bathing room.  Sitting up from the bathtub, she saw that the water was black and smelled awful.

Quickly getting up and draining the black water, she showered herself off before quickly cleaning the tub and taking another shower.  When she finally exited the bathing room, it had been an hour and Seoras’s room was empty.

After getting ready in her room, she walked downstairs and suddenly stopped when she saw Lord Edie and General Alex standing by the entrance of the door. Their back was towards Emmy and they did not hear her footsteps as she came downstairs.  

“Has everything been prepared?”  Lord Edie asked General Alex.

“Yes.” General Alex said.  “Everything has been set in place and everyone involved knows what to do.”

“Are you sure we will not be connected to this when it happens?”  Lord Edie asked.

“Yes, My Lord.”  General Alex said as he bowed his head.  “Once we leave, how can we be connected to it?  Everything would be blamed on that Witch and all we have to do is sit back and watch.  By that time Lord Seoras can do nothing about it, for it will be the people of Ceco who will be condemning her. How can he choose her over his people?”  

“Very good!”  Lord Edie said as he patted General Alex on the shoulder.  “You did well. Let us leave this cursed place. Lord Seoras will get what he deserves for what he did to my daughter and that Witch will die for bespelling Lord Seoras!”  

The two of them stopped talking as the three Ladies walked up to them from the dining hall.  

“Even though our plan did not work, does not mean we will let them off.” Lady Hana whispered to Lady Donna.  

Lady Donna’s face flushed red with embarrassment as she thought back to all the sounds she heard that night.  She could only let her imagination run wild as to what exactly happened between Lady Emmy and Lord Seoras. She could only come to the conclusion that they both enjoyed themselves.  Is this how it always is between a woman and a man? Why is it that their Father’s put so much emphasis on their virtue and virginity if it was this enjoyable?

Donna’s curious gaze kept looking at the bulge between the legs of men.  Whither it be servants, soldiers or even Lord Edie, her interest was peaked and she too wanted to know what it felt like between a woman and a man.  

Too bad she didn’t know what to do that night, or else she would have made Seoras her man.  She cursed her parents for keeping her in the dark. Had she known, she would have accomplished her mission and not failed at it.  Instead, Lady Emmy took their place with Lord Seoras and gained every benefit from their hard work.

“Why are you so quiet?”  Lady Hana asked Donna.

“Lady Avina is right ahead of us.  Do you want her to kill us too?” Lady Donna warned Lady Hanna.  “If she knew what our plans were that night, she would definitely not let us go and try to kill us!  So keep your mouth shut and stop talking about it. We failed. That’s all that matters.”

Hana looked at Avina and sneered,  Avina had always thought she was better than her all her life.  In the end, it was Hana who had to rescue Avina. In the end Avina was nothing but a joke.  

It was her arrogance that cut ties with her fiance for a man she fell in love with at first sight, who then turned out to be her fiance.  Which then caused her to move heaven and earth to get him back. To be then caught and humiliated, by her ex-fiance’s mistress. If she wasn’t who she was, she would just be the laughing stock of the nobility.  

The group left without anyone seeing them off.  Instead of feeling so arrogant when they left, they should have felt relief that they left without Seoras taking revenge on them.  What they didn’t know what, just because Seoras let them off now, did not mean he’ll let them off later. He was just waiting for the right time to execute his own plans.

When Emmy entered the dining hall, every soldier stood up in unison.  Their reaction to her this time was different from the other day. She looked at them with distrust as she walked towards her seat.  Every one of them bowed their head in shame as they lowered their bow towards her even lower.

Seeing how his men act towards Emmy, he was slightly happier.  The only thing that made him frown was Lady Margaret sitting two seats away from him.  Her dagger stare at Emmy caused him to be agitated.

When Emmy sat down, Margaret opened her mouth to say something, however before she could even say a single word, thick vines has wrapped itself around her body and her mouth.  Her words died on her tongue as she could no longer speak. The vines then pulled her chair away from the table and turned her around so she could not speak or see anyone. It was as if she was a petulant child who was made to sit facing the wall.  

Seeing what Seoras did, Emmy could not help but smile as Seoras and hold his hand and squeeze it to thank him.  She really didn’t want to deal with Lady Margaret and was grateful that Seoras took care of Lady Margaret without her saying anything.  

Her breakfast was enjoyable as she ate.  Afterwards she was tasked to go into the city and meet with the managers of all the business that Seoras owned.  Sir Gengrick would be accompanying her into the city and helping her in the task while Seoras stayed behind to look at the accounting books and letters that he received while he was away.

Emmy sat inside the carriage as Gengrick on his horse, outside of the carriage. None of them said a word when then began, but soon Gengrick could not hold himself back and spoke first.  

“I hope Lady Emmy does not hold a grudge against our soldiers.”  Gengrick said. “They are simple and isolated people who know nothing of the outside world.  They easily believe things and easily forget them. So I hope, Lady Emmy is magnanimous enough to forgive them.  They now know that they have treated you badly and know that you are not what the rumors say you are.”

“If their opinions about me can be so easily be swayed, why should I rely on them?” Emmy said.  “Why should I believe them? One day their with me, another day their against me. Why should I hold any hope for them to be loyal towards me?”  

Gengrick did not have anything to say to her, for she was right.  

“As long as they are loyal towards Lord Seoras, that is all I can ask.”  Emmy said. “I can only count on myself in the end.”

“You can count on Lord Seoras!”  Gengrick said quickly. He could hear her loniless in her voice.  His heart tightened at her words “A-and you can also rely on me.”  

Emmy did not answer him so he kept on speaking.

“I know you are a good person.  I know you help those who are weak.  I know you protect those who you care about.  I know you are not what those rumors say you are.  You are a mage. Not a witch. And the only way anyone can change my mind about you, is if I see what they say you did or did not do with my own eyes.”  Gengrick said. “So please, do not think you are alone. Or that you can only rely on yourself. You have Seoras and you have me.”