|13|

Cassie stood at the Mercedes garage glaring at the chief strategist. A very evident curse swinging on her tongue. Cassie pursed her lips, slapping away from his seat the strategist. She grabbed his headphones and pushed him away from the chair.

She opened the channel for Lewis. "Box in the next lap. They're bringing Vettel in close after. His tyres are shit. Try to magnify the gap between Ricciardo and you."

"Copy."

"Eyes on the track. Concentrate."

Cassie glared at the strategist after she turned off the channel. "You're going to cost him valuable points. And not just on Lewis, but on the team too."

Cassie stood and went to sit down on the back of the garage. The race went smoothly and Lewis came victorious at the end. But Cassie was concerned that somehow his good luck attracted a lot of unwanted attention from Ferrari.

She huffed silently and looked away from the screens. Cassie had to do something immediately. Probably, begin paying them with the same way. She wasn't daft and she had no need to expose the company to a bad reputation.

Cassie was certain she'd brainstorm an idea. But now her greatest concern was Lewis. Not the driver Lewis, no. The man Lewis. The man that itching his way to her heart at 200 miles per hour and with a very dangerous intention.

Cassie was concerned. He was perfect. He never stopped her, he never belittled her, never looked twice at another woman. He was a living perfect nightmare. She had no reason to put the fault on him. No reason at all. And she didn't want to fault him on anything.

That was the most terrifying. Since their first date almost two weeks ago, Cassie had been in a state of distress. Her feelings swelled and warmed and she was super disgusted with herself. Maybe consenting on being with Lewis was a treacherous tactic. She shook her head.

Cassie had moved away from the crowd when her eyes caught the sight of Lewis Hamilton with a random model. Flirting away. She giggled and touched him on strange places.

Cassie was somehow infuriated. Her heart pounded too fast. Her mind raced to unbelievable speed and her blood pumped too fast through her veins. Her stomach dropped.  Cassie had read about this in a book. She was uncertain.

But when that woman leapt in and kissed Lewis and he kissed her back. Cassie was uncontrollably certain she had fallen in love with Lewis effing Hamilton. And he was kissing someone else.

Cassie cursed. Shook her head and moved away and towards her car. What did she expect from someone like him, uh? Devotion and loyalty?

She was fairly practical. Hamilton wanted a way out and Cassie was more than willing to give him one. There was no need for fighting and screaming at each other. That was life and Cassie had denied it for far too long.

With a clear mind and determination, she pulled her car out of the parking lot and into the streets.

~ ~ ~

Cassie didn't sleep that night. She pulled up the blueprints for her engine prototype and went down to her lab. She decided that she still preferred machines over people and settled with screwing bolts and soldering electronics. It was around six in the morning that she pressed her glasses tightly to her nose. Pursed her lips and took a long sip from her gigantic pot of coffee and typed fast on her keyboard.

The sound of a car entering the garage didn't affect her at all. If Lewis wanted to act like an ass she was the foolest out of the two of them for giving him a chance. She grabbed her pencil and scribed something down on the blueprints. She kept running scans on the final result of her sleepless night and huffed happily when she looked at the perfection of her work. She sighed and stretched like a cat on her chair.