Chapter 52

If you needed visual of Victoria's ring!

¥¥¥

"Everything is in place." Jason announced walking in the bedroom I was preparing for my mother.

I nodded sitting on the floor to unpack some of the things we've bought. "Thank you. Where is the screen? How do I see everything?" I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

"I'll show you later." He said and I looked at him suspiciously.

"I'll be the only one seeing things, right?"

"I will have access too." He stated and chuckled when I gave him the side eye.

I know that I have reasons to be suspicious about that.

"What? Do you not trust me? I'm not gonna spy on you. It's just a precaution."

"See, I'm not sure about that. You're a creep." I smiled. "Don't you dare use it, you pervert."

He shrugged and looked down at my phone on the nightstand when it started ringing.

"Who is it?" I asked as he see his face change in displeasure.

"Kevin."

I didn't say anything as my phone just kept ringing until it stopped.

"He, maybe, wants to meet up." I shrugged pulling out the silk sheets I bought for my mom out of their packaging.

"That's not happening." He said and the phone started ringing again.

"He's insisting. Why don't I just answer to see what he wants? I'll put it on speaker." I proposed standing and moving closer to him.

I took his silence as a sign to grab the phone and answer the call. I put it on speaker and sat on the bed as Jason crossed his arms across his chest before leaning against the wall.

"Hello?"

"Victoria? Hi. How are you?"

"Great. How about you?"

"I don't know. I need to ask you something." He said and Jason looked at me with an exasperated expression.

"What is it?" I asked and heard him let out a breath, not answering for a few second. "Kevin?"

"What did your mother tell you about your father?" He asked and I looked at the phone in confusion.

"Nothing. You were the one that told me everything I knew about my dad."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah she just says things about him not being far. But it's just because of her illness. Her memories confuse her sometimes." I explained even more confused by his question.

"Is that all?"

"Yes. Why are you asking?"

"N... Nothing. Thank you. Look. Can you come see me?" He asked and I looked at Jason who shook his head.

"I'm actually pretty busy right now. How about I get back at you?"

"Yes. Let me know. I really need to see you." He said and Jason narrowed his eyes at the phone.

"Okay. I'll let you know. Bye." I said then hung up.

Jason's eyes moved from my phone to me and I shrugged.

"Weird." I sighed placing my phone back on the nightstand.

"What is this dumbass playing at?"

I wiggled my eyebrows standing up. "He is maybe seeing my father's ghost."