Ch 2: Checking You, Checking Me out.

Dinner was an absolute disaster and for the past two weeks Jisoo found every excuse in the book to politely decline Lisa's numerous offers to meet up with Jennie again. Lisa, for some unfathomable reason, firmly believed she and Jennie actually liked one another. Her roommate couldn't even begin to understand how completely and utterly wrong she was.

"What is this?" Jennie tossed a thick manila folder onto Jisoo's desk, papers splaying across the clutter.

Jisoo resisted the urge to punch Jennie right in the kisser. The older girl loved her job. Jennie was the only downside. "The article you requested on Son Chaebin's seventh consecutive trip to rehab this year."

"Are you sure?" The brunette arched a finely sculpted brow. Arms crossing over her chest in a display of intimidation. "Because I was under the impression that we didn't write garbage."

Blazing brown eyes stared up at Jennie with barely controlled rage. "I spent weeks writing that article."

Jennie scoffed. "When I took this position I was informed that I would be working with one of the best journalists in the company. That article was crap. You have two days to write a decent story on Park Hyun Sik."

"But-"

Jennie frowned. "If you value your job you won't say another word."

The livid purple haired girl remained silent. She had to bite her tongue to keep from blurting out the many insults pushing at the back of her throat.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Jennie stopped in the doorway of Jisoo's office. A shit eating grin across her full lips. "I'll need you to stay late today and file all the submissions in my office." She feigned a thoughtful expression. "Alphabetically."

The pencil in Jisoo's hand snapped in half. She watched the brunette strut across the hall and into her own office. A clear skip in her step. The woman clearly enjoyed torturing her. Sure, Jennie wasn't really nice to anyone but she definitely had a special kind of dislike for the older journalist.

"Do you need any help?" Rosé entered the room with an apologetic expression. "She made her secretary carry ten boxes filled with submissions into her office while you were at lunch."

Jisoo groaned, bringing her forehead down hard against her desk. "That would be wonderful, Rosé."

"Now probably isn't the best time to tell you this but," Rosé smiled sheepishly at her boss. "Ms. Kim e-mailed me a list of errands she'd like you to complete by the end of the week."

The older girl sat up in her chair and rubbed at her throbbing temples. "When did she-"

Her office phone rang, startling both of the office's occupants. Jisoo picked up the phone with a heavy sigh. "Kim Jisoo."

"Hey, Unnie."

"Lisa?" The older girl gestured for Rosé to leave the room. "Why didn't you call my cell?"

"I have been."

Jisoo fumbled through her purse for her phone. "I must have forgotten to charge it. What's up?"

"We're going out tonight."

"I can't tonight. I have to-"

"I know you've been avoiding Jennie. I have no idea why since she's really into you."

Jisoo leaned back in her chair. She hadn't told Lisa about Jennie's mean streak. She might not get along with the brunette but she didn't want to ruin Lisa and Jennie's friendship. She turned her gaze to Jennie's office across the hall to find the brunette smirking evilly at her. "I'm pretty sure she's not."