twenty one

**Extra long chapter and important author's note at the end - don't forget to read it!

Eve's POV

Wednesday nights have slowly started to become one of the busiest nights of the week at the restaurant. No one is really sure why that is, the amount of customers we get nearing the amount that comes in on a Saturday, which is a ridiculous number of people. Wednesdays were always my favourite days to work, since it was the middle of the week and not many people went out for dinner, but that's now changed within the last couple of weeks, much to my despair.

It was just after 7pm, 2 hours into tonight's service and thankfully I hadn't screwed up any drink orders. We were down 3 staff tonight, 2 waiters and 1 bartender, meaning that I had to pull my weight during my shift and that I had to take care of the drink orders that came in through the dining room. One of our bartenders, Bunny, had only trained me once before on the bar, so I was nowhere near confident to locate a certain bottle of wine or pour a perfect pint.

Bunny saw how scared I was when Scott sprung the news on me, quickly butting in to argue that I was underage and I wasn't allowed to serve alcohol. Scott only brushed her off, claiming that it would only be for a few hours and that no one would find out. Scott was desperate, and I knew Bunny would be swamped with orders during the night, meaning that she definitely wouldn't be able to handle the orders coming through from the dining room as well.

The buzz at the bar had only been getting louder as the night goes on, poor Bunny rushing around trying to serve drink orders left, right and centre. The dining room however didn't seem to be that busy. Normally we'd need 3 or 4 people on the floor, but Josh and I were getting on just fine with serving the customers.

I had been sat at the podium for sometime now, a gust of cold wind entering the restaurant when the front door opened, signaling new customers.

"Good evening and welcome to Bell-" I stopped mid sentence, grinning in welcome to the familiar face in front of me. "Oh, Louis, hi, it's nice to see you"

"Eve" Louis replied, nodding his head. My eyes landed on the brunette next to him, wondering idly if she was just a friend or perhaps the mentioned love interest at Harry's work. "This is Eleanor, she works with Harry and I" he introduced, a devilish grin on his face.

I smiled as my assumption was confirmed, "Hi, I'm Eve, it's nice to meet you." I chimed, and she shot me a dazzling smile before sliding closer to Louis.

"So, is your reservation under Tomlinson?" I asked, skimming to the 'T's' in the computer system to check for his name.

"No, it should be under Styles"

My eyes snapped up to Louis, only to see him whispering something in Eleanor's ear and her giggling in response, both of them completely off in their own world.

"Oh, is Harry coming tonight?" I questioned, chewing on the inside of my cheek.

"He sure is" and my stomach dropped at his words, "He said he's running late though." He continued, wrapping an arm around Eleanor's waist before following me into the dining room and to their reserved table.

"Would you like to wait for Harry to arrive before you order drinks?" I asked, and they both nodded in response and started to skim through their menus. I left them to it and retreated back to the podium. Josh seemed to have a good handle on the floor, which left me time to think about seeing Harry soon.

We hadn't spoken since he dropped me off at Niall's, after the whole confrontation in his car about my drinking and our relationship. It was daunting to say the least, but I'm glad I drunkenly told him all my problems so that I didn't have to tell him sober, which would have made it even more scary.