Twenty Three

Jungkook's POV

"ARA AND TAEHYUNG HAVE BEEN IN A SECRET RELATIONSHIP..."

That was all I heard of Jimin's rant. That one phrase. It kept playing over and over in my head.

Ara and Taehyung. Ara and Taehyung together. Secret Relationship. Secret.

Relationship.

I couldn't believe it. It felt like my heart had just been ripped from my chest by her and stomped on by my best friend. It wasn't either of their faults, Taehyung didn't know how I felt, neither did Ara. But it still hurt like hell.

I was in a daze as we left the house, and sat in the car not speaking to anyone. Only Hoseok reaches out and pats my shoulder, from the look in his eyes he could tell why I was upset. He had a way of reading people well.

So when he saw Ara walking towards the car with Jimin, looking like she'd just seen a ghost, he leaned in and whispered to me.

"I think Taehyung just said something shocking to her from the looks on her face," he said. I turned to him and furrowed my brows. "My guess is he said the L word," Hoseok shrugs.

The L word.

It was like it just kept getting worse. One minute they're together and the next the they're in love. Well, Taehyung.

Wait.

Did Ara say it back?

I didnt have much time to think about that before Ara slid into the seat next to me, garnering all my attention. Like she always did.

She seemed stressed beyond belief. Her eyes were wide and she was looking into space, nothing in front of her. She honestly looked a little scary. Even in my state and seeing hers, I mustered up the courage to comfort my best friend, the girl I loved.

"Are you okay?" I hesitantly whispered in her ear. She seemed a little caught off guard by my words but nodded quickly, but I could see right through her.

Without thinking I slipped my hand into her own, giving her a reassuring squeeze, as if to say I'm here. I see her visibly relax and it brings a small smile to my face.

No matter how I felt, I wanted her to be happy. Even if that meant excepting the fact that she was happy with Taehyung.

Even if it meant letting her go.

-

Ara's POV

"You have two guards at the door Jungkook," Taehyung murmured in our ears. Yoongi, Hoseok, Jungkook and I were all flat against the east wall of the building, just around the corner from the back door, which we needed to enter.

"Easy," Jungkook smirks, cracking his knuckles as he sizes them up. I roll my eyes at his cocky comment, he really hadn't changed.

I watch as he steps out from the side of the building, casually whistling and getting the attention of the two guards. They immediately reach for their guns but Jungkook is too quick, disarming them with two hard hits to their wrists. His elbow collided with one mans nose and I cringed at the crack sound that echoed on concrete.

I almost yelled out when the other man came behind Jungkook and held him in a choke hold. But sighed in relief when Jungkook stepped hard on his foot, making him cry out and let him go. Swiftly he turned and head butted him, knocking him out. The other man looked at Jungkook and began to beg for his life but Jungkook just smirked and evil smirk before grabbing the mans head and throwing it against the wall, knocking him out, I hope.