Turning their backs

I sat down on the balcony drinking a whole liquor bottle while the after party got more and more wild. Yet I could not seem to enjoy it tonight.

Talking about the past really gets me in my feelings and I am to busy trying not to show that it gets to me yet it does.

It's not even about the rejection anymore it's just about the betrayal of my family and how they turned their backs on me that still gets to me. Now my real father wants me to go visit him now that he's on his death bed. I want to go just to show them that I made it without them. I'm a survivor.

I'm everything they thought I wouldn't be.

"What's wrong?" Says John as he comes to sit with me along with Lucy and Josie.

I smiled a little. As my buzz started to set in. My eyes started to shine. Everytime I'm on the verge of crying yet not wanting to cry and someone asks me what's wrong that's what's going to make me cry.

"You know my father once told me that nobody would want a disgrace like me." I say taking a drink.

John sighed and shook his head.

"You are someone that everyone wishes to be." He says holding my hand. "You are such an incredible person and gifted. You gave each one of us a chance when no one would remember? So don't ever believe what your father told you."

This is why I love John. He's always my right Hand man. I know I can always trust him no matter what.

"Is that what are you leave home?" Asked Lucy.

"Somewhat." I say

Ten years ago

Every since Amelia lied about the dress I've been getting bad looks from everyone in the house. Thankfully everyone is busy with Amelia big birthday bash to even notice me as much.

Instead they had me setting up tables and running around do errands. I was given fifteen minutes to get ready because I had to help around at the party serving people and what not. Which is kind of unfair because Amelia was the birthday girl and she wasn't helping for shit. She was busy kissing Roman every chance she got. And talking to the pack and their firends. While I was being told to put cupcakes on the table once they ran out. Or asking people if they wanted anymore food plus on top of that I was cleaning after people's mess.

I was busy putting more cupcakes on the table when Myra walked in the party with my brother next to her. That shocked me. In an instant I felt so happy for her. My brother finally accepted her as het mate. He even introduced her to my parents and sister. Myra was looking at my brother blindly in love.

I'm so happy for them. That gave me hope. Maybe Roman can come to his senses and wait for me the way my brother is waiting for her.

"Channel." Says my father looking at the family. "Go turn on the patio light on."

I look outside and it was raining hard. I'm going to get really wet. I'm already look homeless.

"But the rain." I say pointing outside.

He looked at me hard.

"Do it now."

With that I was outside in the hard rain getting the lights turned on.

When I walked back in. Everyone was in a circle surrounding Roman and Amelia. I couldn't hear what they were saying when all of a sudden everyone cheered in happiness. Amelia was holding a big diamond ring on her finger.

No

No

No

Please don't tell me he proposed. Why would he do that. Slowly my hope was dying.

"Here set this lemonade on the table." Says my cousin Ajax handing me a big jar of lemonade that looked heavy.

I walked by family when I tripped and the whole lemonade water fell on over me and some on Roman dress pants.

"You fucking idiot." Says My mom grabbing my arm hard. "You want to ruin your sister happy day."

My sister's happy day. That's it! I can't do this anymore.

"I can't believe that you are all blaming me for my the way I am right now." I say standing in front of my family and mate and his family all because I refused to give them congratulations. "I have stood here watching my mate and sister be together and seeing from the ring also get married! And yet instead of stopping this bullshit...you all are okay with the fact that they are getting married even though they aren't mates!"

I looked around. I was having a break down. I have reached my breaking point. I looked at my mom and dad crying.

"My sister knows Roman is my mate and she is still with him! You have me like a literal slave doing everything for this party and yet nobody see's that I'm breaking inside more and more."

My dad looked shocked at my sister and mate. Amelia looked down at the ground embarrassed. Roman didn't bother to look at the ground because he simply didn't care.

"Channel don't you see this is good." Says my father. "You are a disgrace to the family. You constantly fuck up. What did you expect your mate to accept you when even everyone here has a hard time accepting you for your flaws and how you are."

I looked at my father and my mother as he says this. Then I look at Myra looking at her for support.

"Myra likes me for who I am. Right Myra?" I sat turning to my friend who was looking at my brother and me in shock.

"I don't really know you." She says softly holding my brother. "But I think the Alpha has made an excellent choice for a Luna and it's not you."

I couldn't believe it. Everyone I knew has turned their backs on me. Everyone including Myra.

"How could you do this to me! I thought you were my friend." I say to her.

"Shame on all of you." I walking away to my room. As I cried out.

I have absolutely no one. I thought my dad would tell Amelia something for being with my mate but nothing. I thought Myra would have my back yet she betrayed me now that she is with my brother.

Present time

I had tear rolling down my face. As I told Lucy, John and Josie was somewhat the final straw for me.

Instead of saying anything they just hugged me.

It made me feel much better.

-------------------

Vote

Comment

Follow

D.D.S