Becoming Acknowledged

I sat on the private air plane unfortunately Coachella was over and it was awards season. I was nervous because I had so many award shows I needed to go to.

I was nominated to album of the year, artist of the years, Record of the year, etc. Very big awards. Including my academy awards and what not. I am so nervous. I'm the most nominated female artist in the world.

It still shocks me how much my life changed. Never ever did I think I would get as big as I did.

I still remeber the first time I got rejected by a record label because they said I was not going to be a big machine. I got rejected by many record labels until one of them gave me a contract which is my current record label. And how my fame and acknowledgement went up.

Nine years ago

I was surprised that people were actually listening to my music and enjoying it. I started to get a lot of fan mail.

Here I sat with mom, dad and Daliza nervously as were outside the radio station. It was my first interview. Apparently to them I was one of the hottest artist out there and the kids and grown folks loved me and my music.

Daliza said it would be a good Idea I get used to interviews because we had an album to promote and sell so we can get a better deal with the record deal.

One of my songs were climbing the charts in music. I started to get a huge following in my social media.

"Alright you are going to go in there and become really likeable what I mean by that is be yourself." Says Daliza coaching me. "Please don't shy away."

I nodded as I entered the radio station. Which I had to let loose and let the world know how fun I am and could be.

Six months later

"Channel we love you!" Yelled out the fans as I walked on stage. Once the release of my first album I have been the worlds sweetheart and have sold so many copies.

It was kind of hard to adjust but my fans really made me feel loved and accepted. I was on a mini tour because I was nominated for best new artist at the Grammy awards. I was so excited.

It was insane how quickly my life had changed. I was no longer the broken girl that's family didn't want her. I was now the girl that had a new loving family that loved her just the way she was and supported her dreams. I have it all.

My new pack was so supporting. Unfortunately due to my newly discovered fame I couldn't be around pack meeting as much nor home. I was on the road constantly.

The Alpha was very understanding and made it known that he is a huge fan. According to my mom he's always bragging about having a superstar in his pack to the other Alpha's.

Daliza walked in with her glasses. She was on her computer.

"Good news Channel you are going to be on the cover of teen vouge. You are the rising star this year." She says all happy and proud.

Me on the cover on teen vouge? That's a big deal. Did people really think I'm that beautiful?

What am I saying? I can't keep doing this to myself. I have to ignore the people in my past that constantly brought me down.

I am beautiful.

I love myself just the way I am.

I am sure someone in my life will love me and appreciate me. With all my flaws and all.

I know there is someone out there for me.

I believe in love.

From this day on in going to stop letting negativity try and get the best of me and bring me down. And if one day it does get to me... I will try and fight it or get support and help.

Two months later

"The winner for best new artist is..." says Fera the famous singer.

Here I sat at the Grammy's with both mom and dad right next to me and a camera right in front of my face as they are about to announce the winner for best new artist.

Mom and Dad told me before the show that it's okay if I didn't win. At the end of the day... I made it. I'm a winner.

"Channel Dela Rosa!" She says.

My heart stopped for a minute. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My parents and the famous people around me applauded.

Emotion started to get to me. As I stood and hugged my mom and dad. I walked to the stage. With tears filling up my eyes.

This moment...

Is everything.

I hugged Fera.

"Congratulations sweetheart. May you keep on going." She says in my ear.

I nodded.

"Thank you." I say truthfully.

Here I was standing in front of powerful people. Accepting the award.

"Thank you all who voted for me. But this award isn't mine... it's for the people who don't think they can win in life. For the people that feel unwanted and are brought down constantly... being abused physically and emotionally. I just want you all to know that you are worth it, you are wanted, you are beautiful. Keep your head up." I say with tears streaming down my face. "But I would also want to thank the people that have been there for me constantly. My dad Dean and my mom Lorena without you guys I don't know where I would be. My team and record label who there for me and Daliza thank you so much for working hard also I want to thank my amazing fans who are constantly supporting me you guys are the reason I can do what I do."

Everyone at the end of my speech stood up, cheered and clapped. I had tears rolling down my face.

I have people who love and care for me.

I am this person.

I am Channel Dela Rosa. And I'm going to be the most powerful and influential person in the world.

Present time

And that's exactly what I became.

---------------------

This is honesty one of my favorite little short stories that I love. And sorry I haven't been updating I've been on vacation but I'll be back to updating in like two days.

Vote

Comment

Follow

D.D.S