(9) (S)

Taylor POV

"Just go Colton I'll be fine." I stand on the bottom step of the stairs and try to convince Colton to leave me. That sounded a little weird but I didn't me a for him to actually leave me he just has to go somewhere for work. "Maxen's here and besides if he wasn't I know not to open the door to a stranger." He never moved his hands off my waist and I know he doesn't want to go.

"Fine but any problems, you'll call me right?" I nod and hand him his keys. He kisses me on the lips not hesitant after our make out session which I was ready to take too far. Colton closed the door behind him and I jumped on the sofa opposite Maxen.

"You don't seem to have a problem with Isla leaving you every morning so I take it that is just a Colton thing?" I raise an eyebrow at Maxen who has been smiling the entire time I was talking to Colton. He tried to hide his glances over to us but I caught them. "No, that's a mate thing. I went to work with Isla for four weeks before I let her go on her own and then I put a tracker on her phone in case anyone tried to take her." He says it so casually and continues to play doodle jump like he didn't come of as a stalker.

"It's not that I don't trust Isla or he doesn't trust you, it's other people who are threats." It does makes sense but I just think that was a little extreme. "I really like him, Maxen. He's all I think about but I've lived a long time on my own and I don't know how to deal with it."

"It's not just you, Taylor. Every female wolf goes through the same thing when they question what will be best for them." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding when he says it's not uncommon for wolves to be confused on what they want. "Don't males get it?" If it's just me doubting our bond then I'm ruining something that hasn't even started.

"Yep, everyday. We constantly worry what is best for our mate, ourselves and Colton has the added stress of the pack." I feel bad for him because I increased that stress by a hundred when I flipped out at him. Then again he deserved it for the way he treated me. I know i was out of line about what I said but nobody should be locked in a boot. "Anyway, I've got to go pick Isla up her cars in the shop, will you be okay?" Maxen stands from the chair and stretches out.

"Yeah I'll be fine." He crouches infront of the tv and collects the tv remote from under the stand. "When you've done with it put it back in the compartment we don't like Diesel watching tv." I almost laugh at how childish they can be and find it hilarious that these are men hiding the tv remote from each other.

I sit on the sofa with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate and start to watch a load of random films that I want to watch at this moment. The lights are off so only the tv light is reflecting in the room.

An hour into the film and I decide to make another drink so I stand up and walk to the kitchen. I don't bother turning the light on because the cabinets have light a underneath them. I boil the kettle and wait patiently for it to finish. As I was pouring the water in the cup I heard the front door shut.

"Colton?" I peaked through the hallway and the tv was turned off now. I slowly opened a draw and grabbed a knife. Creeping through the hall, I held the knife close to my body and pressed my back against the wall when I heard someone on the other side of it. I hear another pair of footsteps come from around the corner and I swing the knife to the side. A hand wraps around my wrist and the other around my waist pressing me against their chest. I look in to the eyes of the intruder and breathe a sigh of relief. "Colton you idiot! You scared me to death." He leaned over and turned the living room lights on.

"Why didn't you answer me?" He took the knife from my hand and headed to the kitchen. "I had earphones in, I thought you had gone to bed so I turned the tv off." I walk back into his embrace and hug him tight.