Chapter 27: Northern Rocky Ridge

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read for free on Radish Fiction, or on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

Chapter 27

Northern Rocky Ridge

Darius dropped me on the ground outside the mouth of a cave that was at least fifteen feet high.

I winced and rolled onto my side. "I could have walked."

"Humans are slow." He walked was passed me and leaned against a boulder.

Werewolves in different forms dipped back into the shadow around the area. The sound of animal scattering came from the cave, and soon after Xavier appeared. He stood tall in werewolf form and peered down at me.

"You hurt my son," the alpha stated. "Devastated him even. You must be human to be stupid enough to trespass here after what you did."

"My father, he-he didn't approve of us. After I graduate we c-could try." I sat up. "I just wanted to make everyone happy." I kept my head down. "I didn't mean to."

A hand landed on my head and flinched.

"Submits to authority," chuckled Xavier. "Understand when you're out match even." The werewolf squatted down and raised my chin. "Maybe there is a hidden werewolf inside such an unimpressive human."

I sucked in my lips.

"Look at me."

I met his eyes for a moment. "Please, sir, just let me talk to him. I didn't mean to hurt Titus."

"Quiet," he said calmly. He grabbed my chin and forced my eye back to him. "Well, I supposed Titus was right. I just need to look closer." He brushed his claw across my forehead to move my hair out of my eyes. "There it is. You might turn into a good mate for my son after all." He released me and stood.

I clasped my forehead as I tried to remain calm. Panicking now might just spur them into killing me.

"Darius, take him to your brother."

Hooking me under the arm, the red werewolf stood me up.

"Don't try running, Aden." Xavier looked around at the sortment of different black shadows that were watching us. "You won't even make it to the river." He turned and went back into the cave.

Darius dragged me inside and marched me toward a side tunnel. Werewolves in all forms ran away when we came near.

"You're hurting me." I pulled on Darius's hand.

"Then stop falling behind." He tossed me forward.

I staggered for a moment before regaining my balance. My knee was still bugging me from earlier. I glanced back at him, before continuing to walk forward with a slight limp. He led me to a cave, branching off from the passage. I glanced inside to see things piled everywhere.

"Titus," called Darius.

"Go away," muttered a voice from the center of the room. A large mound shifted.

"I brought you something."

"I told everyone to leave me alone." A hand appeared from the mound and pulled the blanket further over the lump.

"You'll want this one." Darius grabbed me and lifted me off the ground. "It's your damsel in distress." He tossed me into a pile of furs. "Have fun." With a wave, he left the room.