Lesson Five

Lesson Five - Thank The World For The Pain. Cause It Made You Raise Your Game.

"Enough!"

Looking at my dad I could see his pissed off face clear as day. In fact he looked more pissed now than he did when he found out the house was trashed. Though I knew he wasn't annoyed at us he was used to our shit when we were all together. The annoyance was directed at the family that stood in front of us and our mother.

My mother ran over to us in her six inch heels and grabbed my brother Alex into a big hug.

Rolling my eyes I climbed out of the car with the help of Hayden who kept his eyes on Riker and Ace.

Ace and Hayden has a complicated relationship, they once used to be best friends but that was long ago and it was clear he wasn't going to take any chances with Riker either.

I handed him the car keys that we had just be arguing over a few moments ago and he stood in front of me with Chase by his side. I had to roll my eyes one again, they were always so protective.

"What are they doing here?" Hayden eyed Ace with hate.

The two of them had been in the same year in school and from what I can remember a lot of shit had went down between the two of them. In fact they used to be close friends but as they got older it just all went down hill.

I couldn't help but admit Ace Kennedy was handsome at twenty-five years old with his dark eyes that almost looked black. His hair was ruffled at the top of his head in a stylish manner. I would be lying if I said I didn't have a crush on him when I was a kid when my brother and him used to hang out.

Ace had passed over the opportunity to own his fathers business and now owns his own chain of nightclubs. They were so successful they were some of the biggest in the world.

Riker though might be handsome but because I knew his personality so well it just ruined it all for me.

A shitty personality always ruined it for me.

Their father finally got out of the car he was a handsome middle aged man. You could see the clear resemblance between him and his two sons. Eyes that were calculating everything around him and wise like my own fathers. High cheek bones and a sharp jaw. He was also well built and looked like he could still hold his own if a fight came his way.

His name is Xavier Kennedy and the whole City knew that name. The reason him and my father didn't get on was because they used to be business partners but they seen things very differently.

Very, very different.

"Xavier." Said my dad as he walked down the steps to met him. They didn't shake hands or anything just a nod of the head.

"Blake." Xavier responded.

"I'm so happy to see my boys!" Squealed my mother snapping me out of my glaring match with Riker over Hayden's shoulder.

She all but grabbed Hayden by the neck to pull him down for a hug her bleach blonde hair getting his face. I almost laughed as he coughed trying to get her hair out of the way. It was clear Hayden was reluctant he didn't make a move to wrap his arms around her.

Mother seen me and cleared her throat and looked at me head on. The high energy that she had just a moment ago around my brother was long gone. The two of us always had a rocky relationship and it was clear nothing had changed.

Good I didn't want her to think we would be getting on anytime soon.

"Lyra." She greeted. Giving her sickly sweet smile was all that she was going to get from me.