226

Amelia Adams

"Oh my god I need my baby." I say while hurrying to the front door of the house while Harry walked more calmly behind with a chuckle. I had a pounding headache from lack of sleep but all I could think about was Briar.

"I know baby." He says as I type the code into the door and open it.

It's been only a day but I missed her so much. I've never been apart from her more then an hour before today. Mariah told us to go and see her, and that she'll be fine because she's got all the other foster kids to keep her company.

I stormed into the house and saw how it was infact a mess. There were diapers and bottles everywhere, followed by empty baby food cups and toys slung around.

"Holy fuck." Harry says from behind me.

"Louis? Niall?" I call out considering they were not seen in the living room.

"Why is it everytime we are gone for a night, we come back to a disaster? Last time it was coming back from your parents and seeing drugs and various alcohol bottles everywhere." Harry explains.

"And now its diapers and milk bottles." I laugh while walking to the stairs.

I get up the stairs with Harry following behind. I immediately open Niall's door to see him passed out stomach down on his bed. His head was at the foot of the bed rather then where the pillows are and his mouth was hung open. He was completely knocked out.

"Niall." Harry says, making him startle a snort and open his tired eyes.

"Oh thank god." He yawned at our presence.

"Is Briar asleep? I thought you said Louis was here too?" I asked.

"He is." Niall said before diving his head back on the bed and shutting his heavy eyes.

I arch my brow and look at Harry who had the same expression. He turns down the hallway to Briar's room as I followed him. We open her door and see her sitting up in her crib, crosslegged and smiling once she meets eyes it's us. She was just in her diaper.

But also in that crib was Louis curled up in a ball around her, passed out with his hand on her belly.

I widened my eyes at the image in front of me. Louis, the Louis that hates babies, was asleep in Briar's crib and holding her against him. I had so many questions. First off how he managed to fit in there, and why he was in there to begin with.

But distracting my thoughts was Briar sat upright in the crib with a smile on her face and her lips soon to turn into a pucker. I walked over to the crib and smiles as she kept her lips puckered for me to kiss.

I grabbed her by the armpits and lifted her out the the crib and kissing her tiny lips. She giggled as I pulled back and held her in my one arm.

"Yo, sleeping beauty." Harry nudges Louis knee as we look down at him in the crib.

He inhaled sharply and lifted his head off the mattress, looking up at us.

"Oh, uhm hi." He says awkwardly.

"Why are you in the crib?" Harry immediately asks in confusion.

"Okay what about 'thanks Louis for watching my baby?'" Louis says with attitude, standing up and swinging his leg over the side, awkwardly hopping out still half asleep.

"Thank you for watching her, but why the hell are you in her crib?" Harry restates.

"She wouldn't go to sleep unless I was holding her god damnit. I think your baby is broken or something because literally any time I'd step away she'd cry, but every time I held her she passed right out. But not Niall! Just me." He says while rubbing his eyes, fixing his messy bed head.

"Why didn't you just sleep in a bed with her Lou? Instead of squeezing yourself into her crib." I chuckle while smiling at her in my arms.

He scratches the back of his neck, "I was afraid she'd roll off it or something." He shrugs.

Awe look at him caring.

"Well thank you, we really appreciate it." I smile. "How's Liam?" I ask.

"The same. Doesn't leave his room often. He's very quiet, I don't know what he does half the time. He'll get up super early to eat something before I'm even awake and then I don't see him again all day." He explains.

"Still?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, I don't know. Believe me I've asked him numerous times if he wanted to tag along for stuff and he just says no he's fine. I'm thinking of throwing a party soon for Malignant, maybe it will lighten his spirits if he's surrounded by his old friends." He sticks his hands in his jean pockets.

"That will probably be good for him." Harry agrees.

"Yeah, you guys should come. I know Harry you're not really that involved with Malignant at the moment but I'm sure people would still like to see you." He explains.

"We have Briar." Harry says.

"Get Amelia's parents to watch her. You guys need to have some fun once in a while you know. Have you even been out without her yet?" Louis asks, making us both look at each other.

"Well last night." I shrug.

"A trip to the hospital doesn't count. I'm talking like going to a party or something. Like the last one you went to was a my house and Harry you ended up punching a guy in the face." Louis chuckles, causing us to remember the whole fight we got into.

"Is that suppose to make us want to go?" Harry arches his brow.

"You know what I mean, just think about it." He states while walking by us and towards the door, stopping at the doorway and turning back around.

"Oh and I haven't like changed her diaper though so have fun." He smiles awkwardly before walking down the hallway in the direction of the stairs.

I look up at Harry looks down at me.

"Maybe we should get out a little more." I say with a shrug.

"I'm too tired to think about this now." He rubs his eyes and pecks my forehead then Briars.

"Yeah me too, I have a pounding headache." I complain in a whine.

"Well how about I change her and you go take a pill for that." He takes Briar out of my arms and brings her to the change table.

"Thank you." I rub my temples. I bet I have this headache from being up all night and worrying about Mariah.

"Can you grab me one of my pills to?" He asks while laying her down on the table.

"Yeah, both?" I ask.

"No I took my blood pressure one last night. I just need the one for my anger." He tells me while undoing her diaper. She was smiling and talking slobbery gibberish up to Harry who was nodded at her like he understood her words.

"Okay babe." I nodded and walked to the bathroom down the hallway.

I walked to the mirror cabinet and opened it up, scanning the shelves for his meds and some ibuprofen for my pounding headache. I retrieve both the white pills, shutting the cabinet and walking to my room to grab the bottle of water on my bedside table. I pop the one pill in my mouth and gulp back some water before putting it back on the bedside table.

I walk out and back to Briar's room to see Harry just finishing up putting on the new diaper. I shuffle up behind him and hold out the pill in front of his mouth. He open his lips and I place it on his tongue as he keeps changing her. I didn't bring him water because I know he swallows pills dry like the 'manly man' he is.

"Thanks sweetheart." He smiles while lifting Briar up in her new diaper. He holds her by the arm pits in front of him as she smiles

Harry opens his mouth in a goofy smile to match hers, bringing her to him and kissing her lips. She giggles and scrunches her face up.

"I'm gonna start cleaning up." I chuckle. "This place is a disaster."

//

Short but cute chapter!

next one will be.. interesting;)

LOTS OF LOVE ❤️❤️