Chapter 35: Eighteen (18)

I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved and to be in love
All I could do is say that these arms were made for holding you
I wanna love like you made me feel when we were 18

"You have no idea how happy you made me,"

I watched as Harry took my hand that was sitting on my lap as he puts it on his mouth and slightly kisses it. Giving him a slight smile, he kept my hand intertwined with his as he other hand was on the steering wheel.

He focused his eyes on the road as I glanced at him. He's been nothing but sweet to me ever since I agreed to give him another chance yesterday.

In fact, we are driving downtown to the place we used to go before. Going down memory lane isn't an enticing idea for me. To be honest, I didn't want to do it but I do not want to give Harry the idea that I didn't want to be with him. It'll ruin my plan. It will end the game.

My mother has so many questions as regards with me hanging out with Harry Styles again. But I appreciate how she chose not to voice them out. Today is my last day in Wake Forest. Tomorrow I will be driving back to Manhattan using the car service I rented. I can't wait to be home.

I'm still not sure what to do with Harry. I never planned being on this game with him nor I never planned on even stumbling upon him. But him, being his usual persistent self gave me an idea on why not seek revenge from what he did to me in high school.

Telling myself that I can also play that simple game with him. Make him fall for me and crush him in the process. Just like in high school. Break his heart into tiny little pieces. Just like in high school.

"Tell me what's on your mind," he says after a while.

Glancing at him, I shook my head. "Nothing much," I replied. "I am leaving tomorrow,"

His grip on my hand became tighter. "We'll make it through this," he said with assurance. "I promised."

Harry stopped in front of our old high school. Memories of the prom night immediately came crashing back to me. My breathing started to go harder as he got of off his car.

"Are you alright?" He asks once he opened the passenger door. He must've seen the anxiety on my face.

Taking a deep breath I nodded. I cannot show him that I am not comfortable cause he knows I forgot about everything that happened in the past.

"Y-yeah," I answered trying to hide the worry on my face.

Now, I regret agreeing on this driving saga with him. I got off of his car and took a deep sighed as my feet surfaced on the ground.

Feeling his hand at the small of my back, we walked inside the school hall, my breathing became harder and my stomach tightened with every step I take.

The view of the locker area made me remember that 'infamous' kiss where I jumped both feet to be in a relationship with him. This is the place where I threw away all my fears just to be with Harry Styles. That very day, never have I ever imagined that I'll get my heart broken together with my bones. The way his words telling me he was crazy about me is still fresh on my mind and I believed him, at that very moment, I became the happiest girl in the world. All those questions about not being good enough for him and that I am not deserving of him were all gone the moment his lips touches mine. I fucking  believed everything he told me. Only for me to find out later that everything was just a lie. None of it were true and it was all part of a fucking game. A fucking bet which took the best of me and almost took the life of me.