Chapter 33

A shout-out for these awesome countries. Latvia, Pakistani and Indonesia. I love you guys.

Kara’s POV

*

            I took a deep exhale and fluttered my eyelashes with a daring smile, allowing my eyes sweep over my casual self. I was in casual clothes, since I knew he’d probably take me for a nice time just out of the estate or we would even stay in the car and just talk after breakfast or something. Either way, we must continue our conversation after breakfast because I never joked with my stomach.

With a blue high-waist jeans, white tank top, black jacket on it and white Adidas sneakers, I knew I was good to go. Also, I applied make-up. I need to look good since he would be doing the same. Right? As if. He always looked good, even when he was just getting right out of bed.

“I think I’m good to go.” I breathed out for the umpteenth time, staring at the chocolate eyed girl in the mirror. Her eyes were scrutinizing.

Her gaze didn’t waver from my eyes. And she didn’t move even an inch.

‘I should go.’ I reminded her yet again as she mirrored my movements when the door slightly opened behind me but I didn’t bother taking a glance behind me.

“Yeah, you should. The mirror sure agrees with you.” A deep voice came from the entrance.

I stilled for a bit, but then sucked in a harsh breath and turned around and my breathing slowed as my hair which was put into a ponytail swayed on my head due to the movement. Stephano was in dark blue pants and a white tee-shirt, matching his piercing blue eyes. A pair of black, leather palm sandals was strapped on his feet.

My brows immediately scrunch up in confusion. That was a first. He rarely wore pants and palm sandals but he looked really good in them.

Before I realized it, I gave him a good once over and nodded in approval at his outfit. His hair was combed neatly to the back but he still looked really good. He would be easily taken for a model just leaving a photo shoot in his dashing appearance, and I instantly knew other women would stare at him.

Insecurity kicked in and I went into self-defense mode.

Doesn’t matter if other women look his way, because Stephano is going out with me! Me alone!

“You look really beautiful, Kara.” His gruff voice stated and I connected my eyes back to his. It warmed my heart and my eyes twinkled even though I knew I should be immune to his praises or mere comments; because he didn’t put any emotion into them, and maybe he didn’t mean them. He made the comment as if he just thought about it while checking me out and decided to just say it. For ‘saying’ sake, if that made sense.

Curling my lips in slight disappointment at my selfish thoughts, a small frown slipped onto my face.

Of course I was beautiful. But irritation still burned through my system at the fact that I was already having a marathon of negative vibes over my earlier thought on other women checking him out.

He shut my room door with a loud thump and I snapped out of my disturbing thoughts and wore the most deceiving smile ever known to man.

“Thanks. You brush up well too.” I said and immediately cringed. Brush up well?
Yeah, right. He looked really great.

“If you say so, and thank you baby.”

He just stood there and stared at me like something would grab me and take me away forever if he dared take his eyes off me.

“I’m set.” I heaved a shaky sigh. I bit my lower lip slowly.

“I can very much see that.”