chapter 31

Manik was travelling at a high speed, his emotions had taken control over the rational part of his mind. Waiting for years, with a hopeless that nandini would love him one day and now it was all gone. He just wanted to go away, think something anything apart from her and speed was his companion.

While for nandini she was following him, unable to understand what was wrong, Manik's behavior strange, she didn't get what was the problem the only thing she knew that she needed a solution.

She parked her car beside Manik's and the location wasn't unknown, they were at the lake where most of their memories were present. Manik was frustrated,  his hand running through his hair again and again.

The weather had changed, cool wind was blowing, clouds hidding the sun. It was about to rain.

Nandini went and kept her hand on his shoulder.

N : manik

M : why are you here ?

He tried the best he could to keep his voice calm, to not give away his emotions.

N : you are asking me, why am I here, when I should be the one asking you that.

M : just needed fresh air

N : really then why aren't you looking at me, turn

Manik was stiff as a board and nandini was getting aggravated, she pulled him by his shoulder and turned him towards her. Manik had met his limit.

M<shouts> : what do you want to hear, tell no tell me u want me to tell you the truth

He caught her by the shoulders and jerked her towards himself, they were too close to each other. He was looking into her eyes but this time instead of warmth his gaze was cold.

Cold like the atmosphere, there was thunder and slight drizzling had began but they were too caught up to notice anything except for each other.

N : yes tell me what is wrong, why are you behaving like this, since morning you didn't talk to me once, you are avoiding me.

M : yes I am avoiding you, you want to know why because everytime I see u, I remember what I heard yesterday and trust me when I say this right now I want nothing more than to beat the shit out of aryaman, to make him regret the moment he met you, the moment this though came to him that he can take you away from me.

By now it was raining, both of them wet but unbothered by it, the downpoar was like their emotions, the clouds has burst into rain water and so had their harts bringing front their true emotions.

N : manik what are you talking about

M : what I am talking about is that I get it, I get it that u don't feel anything for me other than friendship and trust me nandini I tried my best to make myself understand that but I can't.

The emotions had turned into anger Manik couldn't control, but love is powerful and manik could never think of anything that could hurt nandini.

M : but don't worry I will try ,I just need time, u can be with aryaman but just stay away from me because I right now can't see that. I always knew that this can happen but I guess I was never prepared.

Manik left her and took a step back, the space between them wasn't much but still it seemed world's apart.

But nandini wasn't the one to except this, since she had always gotten what she wanted, call her a spoiled brat or Manik's princess she wasn't going to let him spoil anything.