Chapter 13

Lauren smiles as she looks round the living room. She had just finished sorting everything out for Camila's arrival in just a few hours; for example, some kid movies that were once in storage were now out and set on the coffee table ready if the young girl wanted them. She had also grabbed some age appropriate toys, those too were sat in a small storage chest in the corner of the room.

And while she was out this morning, she had purchased some new bottles, pacifiers and some bibs, two of which were also sat on the coffee table. As Camila was staying the night and was quite a messy eater, she knew the bibs would be needed and as for the pacifiers and bottles, they would be needed too as the girl relied heavily on them for comfort.

Happy everything was ready, she heads to the kitchen to make herself a much need3 coffee. But no sooner can she grab a cup, the doorbell rung showing Camila's arrival.

Closing the cupboard again, she heads towards the door and pulls it open, a smile appearing on her face when she was greeted with the smiley face of Camila, and her assistant, Normani.

"Hi guys" she greets as she excepts the small girls hug, returning the embrace by lifting her up into her arms and holding her close. She hears a small 'hi Lolo' back from her and after pressing a kiss to the side of her head, she brings her attention to Normani who was holding a backpack.

"Hey Lo. There are a couple changes of clothes in there for her along with some other bits. If you need anything, you have my number" The girl greets fondly with a small smile, handing over the bag as she pulls the green eyed girl in for a hug.

Lauren takes the backpack with the hand that wasn't holding Camila, returning the side hug quickly before pulling away, "Thanks Normani, and thank you for bringing her" she replies, waving goodbye to the woman as she walks back towards her car.

After watching her go, Lauren closes and locks the door, "alright my love. Down you go" she mumbles to the youngster as she drops the backpack to the floor, gently easing a reluctant Camila down too.

The young girl lets out a quiet whine but allows herself to be placed onto her feet, although her hands remained tightly gripping Lauren's shirt.

"Good girl. How do you feel about some lunch mhh?" Lauren asks as she takes Camila's hand in hers and leads her towards the kitchen, noting that if she was going to put the girl down for the nap she had planned, she'd have to eat now to give it time to settle.

"Pizza?" Camila asks hopefully, remembering the woman's words yesterday.

Lauren smiles softly and eases Camila up onto the side by her armpits, "of course baby. What would you like on it?" She questions, grabbing her phone.

The young girl happily kicks her legs, feeling herself slowly slipping into the infantile mindset she was becoming so used to now, "uhhh, jus' cheese p'ease" she responds shyly, her thumb nearing her mouth.

Gently grabbing the girls thumb and replacing it with one of the many pacifiers she had lying around, Lauren smiles knowing, "of course. Such good manners too" she praises, giving the girls cheek a gentle touch before typing in the familiar number she had saved for her local pizza place.

Camila blushes at the praise as she begins to suckle contently on her soother, her big self now completely gone for the night.

Lauren notices this as she orders, and seeing the girl beginning to grow unhappy at the lack of attention, she tries to hurry up. Soon enough, the pizza was ordered and she was scooping Camila off the side and back into her arms.

"Alright baby girl, let's get you into some comfy clothes. I'm sure these jeans aren't too comfortable" she muses quietly as she heads towards the guest room, having have set some age appropriate clothes out earlier.

Camila nods in agreement as she lays her head down on her mama's shoulder, "diaper too?" She asks in a shy whisper. Despite how she felt about them before, her views have changed now. She quite liked her diapers. They were comfortable.

Although shocked at the girls words, Lauren continues to walk, a small smile playing on her face, "of course, baby. If that's what you want" she replies as she pushes open the guest room door, placing her hand on the back of Camila's head before laying her down onto the bed.

Camila nods, easily taking the small toy she was handed.

"Alright, hips up then little lady" Lauren states in a soft coo as she unbuttons the girls skinny jeans, tucking her fingers into the waistband.

The young girl distractedly does as she says, her attention purely on the toy in her hands.

Lauren chuckles and shakes her head playfully, pulling down the girls pants and underwear. She wipes her down with a baby wipe before reaching for a diaper, and once it was underneath her, she brings up the front and tapes the sides together.

"Which one monkey?" She asks, holding up two bodysuits. Both long sleeved. Just different colours.

Reluctantly bringing her focus away from her toy, Camila looks between both bodysuits and eventually decides on the baby pink one with a small flower on the front. She lets herself be dressed into it, limbs heavy and unhelpful but Lauren doesn't seem to mind and simply focuses on the task of dressing the youngster.

After buttoning up the item of clothing, Lauren takes Camila's hands and pulls her up into a sitting position before brushing the baby hairs out of her face. Deciding that it'd be much easier if it was out of her face, especially with the pizza that was soon to arrive, she grabs the hair tie on her wrist and makes quick work of pulling her hair up into a high pony.

"There we go." She mumbles to herself, happy with her work, "time to get ready for lunch. Up you get" She says softly, this time to Camila as she eases her off of the bed and up onto her feet.

Camila shakes her head and holds her arms up pleadingly. She didn't want to walk. She wanted mama to hold her. She liked it when mama held her.

Once again shaking her head playfully, Lauren scoops the young girl into her arms before leaving the room, "let's have some quiet time on the couch until lunch gets here okay? I'm sure you've had a busy morning" she murmurs, sensing Camila's antsy behaviour and knowing that if she wanted to refrain from dealing with a unhappy little girl, she needed to do something to sooth her.

Camila nods in a agreement and cuddles into the woman's chest as she settles on the couch, "bottle?" She asks shyly, toying with the loop of the pacifier sat in her mouth.

"I think we'll leave the bottle until nap time. If you have it now your tummy will be too full for your pizza and I'm sure you don't want that to happen" Lauren responds hopefully, not wanting the young girl to get upset.

Camila goes to fight her mama, but when she realises she was right, she silences and lets out a soft sigh, her hands coming up to grip at the woman's shirt, "bottle af'er?" She questions.

Lauren nods, happy Camila didn't fight her, "of course baby"she replies immediately, reaching for the tv remote and turning the tv on before changing the channel to the youngsters version of the Disney channel.

Camila seems thrilled with this and immediately draws her attention to the large screen in front of her, letting out a content sigh at the hand slowly running up and down her back.

**

Short little chapter to tide you guys over till I'm able to update again. I'm going away for the weekend with family and I won't be able to get annother update up till Sunday, Monday at the latest.

Anyway, tell me what you think!

Next chapter: 200 votes.